Yealink Forums
SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? (/showthread.php?tid=3898)

SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - luckman212 - 06-02-2015 06:02 AM

Hi I have a few SIP-T46G phones in a small office. We switched to SIP INFO for DTMF transmission since it was more reliable for us. The only thing is, now there is no sound whatsoever when users press keys if they are already on a call. I understand that DTMF tones are suppressed when SIP INFO is enabled so there is no double-entry of keypresses but on Polycom at least it plays a soft "beep" sound to indicate that you are pressing keys.

I looked through settings but I couldn't find anything -- is there a setting for this somewhere? We are using Firmware ver. 28.73.0.50, Hardware ver 28.2.0.128.0.0.0

Thank you

RE: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - Flora_Yealink - 06-02-2015 06:38 PM

Thanks for your information .
sorry, currently we don't have the feature but we will add the feature in the next big version V80.
in V80 , you can choose the RFC2833+SIP INFO as the same time.
In this case, you can hear the DTMF when you press the DTMF , the new version will be ready in this month.
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - luckman212 - 06-02-2015 07:42 PM

Thank you but would RFC2833 + SIP Info cause duplicate tones to be detected by the IP PBX? I was more asking if there could be a gentle, soft beep etc when buttons are pressed if SIP INFO was enabled, just a feedback to the user that they have pushed the button instead of a silence. Is that possible?

RE: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - Flora_Yealink - 06-05-2015 04:03 PM

Sorry , there is no way to support it at present.
May I know if there any brand phone can support it ?
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - luckman212 - 06-05-2015 09:13 PM

(06-05-2015 04:03 PM)Flora Wrote:  Sorry , there is no way to support it at present.
May I know if there any brand phone can support it ?

Yes, Polycom phones do support this feature, if you set:

tone.dtmf.chassis.masking="1"

From Polycom UC Admin Guide:
"If 1 (set only if tone.dtmf.viaRtp is set to 0), DTMF tones are substituted with non-DTMF pacifier tones when dialing in handsfree mode—this is to prevent the tones from broadcasting to surrounding telephony devices or being inadvertently transmitted in-band due to local acoustic echo."

RE: SIP INFO - can I also hear DTMF tones or some other touch tone? - Flora_Yealink - 06-06-2015 10:57 AM

Thank you , I will forward it to the product team for their considering.
Best Regards!
Flora