Yealink Forums
T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu (/showthread.php?tid=3823)

T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - carlos.franco - 05-18-2015 08:38 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement a text menu on yealink T20P recurring to an XML file accessed from a programmable key to substitute one option that we loose since we upgraded from 9.6X to 9.7X firmware version: Clear all calls history.
BTW, our users find this option very usefull as we noticed from our service desk incident report the week after we made the upgrade on >900 devices... :-(

I used some examples from the Yealink XML Browser developer's guide to try to replicate the lost option.
If I assign the following xml code to a programmable key, the history is succesfully cleared but without asking confirmation to the user:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute Beep="yes">
<ExecuteItem URI="Command: ClearCallersList"/>
</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

So I tried to setup a XML file to get a menu asking the user if he really want to clear the call history:

<YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu defaultIndex = "1" style = "numbered" Beep = "yes" Timeout = "10" LockIn = "yes">
<Title wrap = "yes">Menu Title</Title>
<MenuItem>
<Prompt>Clear History</Prompt>
<URI>http://web.server.serving.xml.files/clearhistory.xml</URI>
<Selection>Selection</Selection>
</MenuItem>
</YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu>

When I press the programmable key, I ear a beep and from the web server I see that the XML file was sent but nothing appears on the phone LCD and the history isn't also cleared.

I should be missing something. Can someone with experience on this XML scripting give me some help or point to the right direction ?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Franco

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - Flora_Yealink - 05-19-2015 07:42 PM

Sorry Carlos, but T20 can't support display the txt content through the xml Browser.
but other phone for example T22 ,T26 and so on can.
Best Regards!

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - carlos.franco - 05-19-2015 09:04 PM

OK. Thanks Flora for your prompt reply.
As you seem to know about this matter, may I ask you if you think that there's some way to ask for confirmation before clearing the calls history?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Carlos Franco

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - Flora_Yealink - 05-22-2015 05:34 PM

Hi Carlos ,
please use below file.

<YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu
defaultIndex="15"
style="numbered"
Beep="yes"
wrapList="yes"
Timeout="3"
LockIn="no">

<Title>TextMenu</Title>

<MenuItem>
<Prompt>clear history</Prompt>
<Prompt>Execute</Prompt>
<URI>http://10.2.5.134:8080/Execute.xml</URI>
<Selection></Selection>
</MenuItem>

</YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu>

The content in the Execute.xml,
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute Beep="yes">
<ExecuteItem URI="Command: ClearCallersList"/>
</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

Best Regards!
Flora

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - carlos.franco - 05-22-2015 06:26 PM

Hi Flora,

No luck... The phone beeps but no prompt or text is displayed and the execute xml isn't called (the history is not cleared)...

Thanks a lot for your help and for the time you're dispending with this issue.

I don't understand why Yealink guys decided to remove the clear calls history option :-(

Have a nice day,

Carlos Franco

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - Flora_Yealink - 05-23-2015 10:04 AM

Hi Carlos ,

Sorry , I hasn't made it clear and caused misunderstanding.
As I mentioned , T20 can't support show the text file through xml browser, so there is no way to ask for " clear the history " on T20 through xml broswer.

The template I gave is for other Yealink phones which can support show the text through xml browser for example T22.

Sorry for the inconvenient.
Flora

RE: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu - carlos.franco - 05-26-2015 06:06 PM

Hi Flora,

Yes, I misunderstood your message, sorry...

Well, no future for my 2000 T20P... That's bad because lot of users were using the clear calls history, and in truth I think that it was a useful feature...

Is there any place you know from where I can request this feature again to Yealink guys ?

Thanks again for your support.
Regards,
Carlos Franco