Yealink Forums
T4x handset noise - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T4x handset noise (/showthread.php?tid=3807)

T4x handset noise - tarbender - 05-14-2015 01:04 AM

Over the last year we have had to replace over 10 handsets and cords from various T4x models. They get a loud low tones constant buzz that is so loud that you cannot hear and / or concentrate on the call. Typically this happens after the first year, so no warranty. We have ordered replacements in bulk and now I am using the last of our spares to replace my buzzing handset from my t48g.

These handset replacements are creating two problems.

1) It makes me think that these devices are not reliable. One of my clients has lost 4 out of 15 handsets.

2) Constantly replacing handsets (and cords) is eating away at our profit.

Thanks
Long term reseller of Yealink
Tom
New Millennium Technologies

RE: T4x handset noise - engine411 - 05-14-2015 02:43 AM

(05-14-2015 01:04 AM)tarbender Wrote:  Over the last year we have had to replace over 10 handsets and cords from various T4x models. They get a loud low tones constant buzz that is so loud that you cannot hear and / or concentrate on the call. Typically this happens after the first year, so no warranty. We have ordered replacements in bulk and now I am using the last of our spares to replace my buzzing handset from my t48g.

These handset replacements are creating two problems.

1) It makes me think that these devices are not reliable. One of my clients has lost 4 out of 15 handsets.

2) Constantly replacing handsets (and cords) is eating away at our profit.

Thanks
Long term reseller of Yealink
Tom
New Millennium Technologies

We've noticed this too.

RE: T4x handset noise - mbello - 08-23-2016 10:04 PM

I have the same issue. This has been reported over and over and it is a shame that Yealink is not trying harder to make up for their mistakes.

They should sell replacemente handsets very ***** and issue a technical statement telling us where the problem is and how to fix it for good.

Somehow, some handsets after they are left stored for a while will work again just fine, but at some point in the future they will start buzzing again.

RE: T4x handset noise - mbello - 08-23-2016 11:05 PM

Solutions to the buzzing problem on Yealink handsets are discussed in more detail in this thread (http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1272), and there the community has developed good workarounds you may want to learn about.