Yealink Forums
DND Status LED - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: DND Status LED (/showthread.php?tid=3775)

DND Status LED - dfp2015 - 05-08-2015 11:24 PM

Hello,

We are using T38Gs at multiple offices at my company, all going through a Hosted Voice provider using FreePBX.

What we are trying to accomplish is the ability to go into an "Out of Office" mode that shows when an extension is In the office/Not on the phone (Green) or Out of office/on the line (Red) as far as the Memory Keys/BLFs go. Right now we can only see if the line is currently being used or not, DND does not change the BLF status and will only send any calls to VM.

I also wanted to note I contacted our hosted provider and they believe this is not possible, and that I would have to contact the phone manufacturer, Yealink, to see what they think as far as a solution goes.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

RE: DND Status LED - James_Yealink - 05-08-2015 11:44 PM

Hi,

The status of BLF depends on the NOTIFY message sent by server.
Phone just subscribe a specific extension, when the extension status change in server, server send a NOTIFY message to phone, and phone change the light of BLF.

So only if server send a NOTIFY message when some specific exntesion enter DND mode. It can't be done in phone side.

Regards,
James

RE: DND Status LED - dfp2015 - 05-08-2015 11:49 PM

(05-08-2015 11:44 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Hi,

The status of BLF depends on the NOTIFY message sent by server.
Phone just subscribe a specific extension, when the extension status change in server, server send a NOTIFY message to phone, and phone change the light of BLF.

So only if server send a NOTIFY message when some specific exntesion enter DND mode. It can't be done in phone side.

Regards,
James

I'll forward your response over to our Hosted Provider so they can review their settings.

Thank you much!