Yealink Forums
T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID (/showthread.php?tid=3746)

T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - joelb@nwvox.com - 05-05-2015 07:45 AM

I have many T2x phones that I want to enable the transfer to send the original caller ID. I have tired every combination of the Transfer options in the web GUI, as well, I have tried 6.710.0.177 and 6.73.0.40 FW with no luck.

Can anyone provide assistance on the proper settings?

RE: T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - Elaine_Yealink - 05-05-2015 06:41 PM

Dear Joe,

This is how it works on Yealink IP phones:
1. AB on call.
2. B transfer call to C by pressing Transfer+C's No..
3. C pick up, the caller ID on C is B.
4. C press Transfer again to quit, AC established. The calller ID on C is A. This is because B has sent some signalling to C to update the caller ID. Please note that the caller ID will not be recorded. After call finished, the caller ID on C will still be B as it is B that handing over the call to C.

Regards
Elaine

RE: T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - joelb@nwvox.com - 05-05-2015 10:35 PM

This makes sense, and is what I observe when using the T26P at another location. However, C is not getting updated with A's caller ID after the second pressing of the Transfer key.

My desire is to use this feature when transferring calls off-net. I have been able to get this to work in the past, it just always seems to require a little messing with the phone settings.

Do you know what Features>Transfer settings need to be configured as for the below scenario to work properly?

Joel

(05-05-2015 06:41 PM)Yealink_Elaine Wrote:  Dear Joe,

This is how it works on Yealink IP phones:
1. AB on call.
2. B transfer call to C by pressing Transfer+C's No..
3. C pick up, the caller ID on C is B.
4. C press Transfer again to quit, AC established. The calller ID on C is A. This is because B has sent some signalling to C to update the caller ID. Please note that the caller ID will not be recorded. After call finished, the caller ID on C will still be B as it is B that handing over the call to C.

Regards
Elaine

RE: T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - joelb@nwvox.com - 06-09-2015 12:39 AM

Elaine,
I'm still struggling with getting the transfers to pass through caller A's caller iD. Do you have any suggestions on Transfer settings or other settings I should be reviewing?

RE: T2x Transfering a call passing the original caller ID - Nathaniel - 06-09-2015 04:23 PM

(06-09-2015 12:39 AM)joelb@nwvox.com Wrote:  Elaine,
I'm still struggling with getting the transfers to pass through caller A's caller iD. Do you have any suggestions on Transfer settings or other settings I should be reviewing?

Interesting to know how it "should" work, we have 6 T46G phones and have never been able to resolve this either.

I also have tried all combinations of transferring and all different configurations to no avail,

(06-09-2015 12:39 AM)joelb@nwvox.com Wrote:  Elaine,

Interesting to know how it "should" work, we have 6 T46G phones and have never been able to resolve this either.

I also have tried all combinations of transferring and all different configurations to no avail,