Yealink Forums
T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? (/showthread.php?tid=3585)

T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - Navglyr - 04-04-2015 08:46 PM

For the past month, I've been trying to set up some t22p phones with freepbx. I have 5 phones, but I've only been trying to set one up one. I finally got my routing and settings in freepbx the way I wanted them, but I've run into an issue I can't seem to solve. I upgraded the firmware on the phone to the newest (7.73.0.50), and now the speaker does not ring audibly and pressing the speakerphone button does not produce any sound. It's almost as though the speaker has been disconnected.

In an attempt to isolate the problem, I installed a second phone with older firmware. I reset it to factory settings, verified that the speaker worked and then upgraded the firmware to 7.73.0.50. Again, the speaker stopped working. I downgraded the firmware back to 7.70.0.120, and the speaker is still seemingly disconnected.

I have thoroughly verified that DND is not enabled and made sure that my ringtone is not set to silent. I have also increased the ringer volume as high as it will go. Am I missing something? Is this a known issue? Any help would be appreciated.

RE: T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - James_Yealink - 04-07-2015 09:58 PM

Hi,

Do you mean that when there is an incoming call, you can see the call info in phone LCD but speaker doesn't ring?

Can you try these steps in a phone with V73:
1. Disconnect network cable.
2. Reset phone by Menu-> Setting-> Advanced setting-> Reset.
3. After rebooting, try the speaker button.

Note: Network cable can't be connected to phone in the whole process.

Regards,
James

RE: T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - Navglyr - 04-07-2015 10:13 PM

James, thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about this post and should have edited it as I think I may have inadvertently discovered my issue after I posted this thread.

I have several of these phones, so I pulled one out that had not been upgraded or registered or otherwise molested. I plugged it into power (no network) and verified that the speaker functioned. I left it for 30 minutes, and when I came back, the speaker was no longer functioning. At that point, I realized the issue had to be related to power. Lo and behold, the power adapter I was using was 12v instead of 5v. And at that point, I felt like an idiot for not verifying the voltage prior to using the adapter. Thus, I'm guessing I fried something internally on three separate units. I've since ordered several OEM power supplies due to arrive tomorrow (for use with my remaining non-fried equipment, obviously).

Thanks again!

RE: T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - James_Yealink - 04-08-2015 01:09 AM

OK, thanks for your update.

Regards,
James

RE: T22P Speaker Muted after Firmware Upgrade? - phlobot - 06-27-2015 07:41 AM

upgrading the firmware to 7.73.193.50 revived my speaker. will try some 'broken' ones at work monday