Yealink Forums
Incomplete language files for translation - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Incomplete language files for translation (/showthread.php?tid=3542)

Incomplete language files for translation - Ret - 03-27-2015 08:45 PM

Hi, I'm using T19P and T26P phones with Spanish set as default language.
There are some strings that are appear on LCD only in English: "Busy here", "Declined", "Service unavailable", "Not found", "Forbidden", etc.

I'm trying to translate those myself by editing the language files provided in the templates file and following the FAQ tutorial (http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1377).
Unfortunately I cannot find those strings. I've checked unsuccessfully the templates for T19 , T26 and T28.
Any help would be appreciated!

RE: Incomplete language files for translation - Yealink_Peter - 03-27-2015 10:27 PM

Hi,

May I know your these three phones firmware? Can you find the corresponding firmware on your pasted FAQ?
I try open the template of T19 31.72.0.1 provided in the FAQ page, find the strings below:
"Busy Here"="Busy Here"
"Decline"=""
"Service Unavailable"=""
"Not Found"=""
"Forbidden"=""
Then, you can fill in your translated strings in the right side double quote, save the template and then specify the template URL in "gui_lang.url = " to provision.

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter

RE: Incomplete language files for translation - Ret - 03-28-2015 04:05 AM

You are right, T19 template files seem to have the strings. Those phones run 31.72.0.75 firmware.

Yet, the template files for T26 (fw 6.73.0.50 )and T28 (2.73.0.40) are the ones without the strings. Should I use the same as the T19?
Thank you!

RE: Incomplete language files for translation - Yealink_Peter - 03-28-2015 05:26 AM

Hi,

Right, we can't find the strings on the template for these two firmwares, but you can add the strings by yourself on the template: Yealink_IP_Phone_AutoProvisioning_Template_(X.73.0.40)

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter

RE: Incomplete language files for translation - Ret - 03-28-2015 05:55 AM

Ok, I'm using the same lang files from T19 in the T26 and it works. I thought they were not compatible.
Thank you!

PS: Is there a specific way to use special characters in those files (e.g. á, é, etc). All I get is a weird characters.

RE: Incomplete language files for translation - Yealink_Peter - 03-28-2015 06:13 AM

(03-28-2015 05:55 AM)Ret Wrote:  Ok, I'm using the same lang files from T19 in the T26 and it works. I thought they were not compatible.
Thank you!

PS: Is there a specific way to use special characters in those files (e.g. á, é, etc). All I get is a weird characters.

Hi,

The "special characters" should be able recognised by phone, otherwised it will not display correctly. You can try specifying the characters on phone wui, such as configure a dsskey as speed dial and fill the characters in label field to check whether phone can display it normally, if yes, it means phone can support this character, vice versa.

Thank you.
Regards,
Peter