Yealink Forums
T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off (/showthread.php?tid=34805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - complex1 - 11-30-2016 12:16 PM

Hi,

Reading this thread and sees all the complains users have with the present firmware, you can do two things:
1. stay complaining about a feature you don’t like
2. go back to a previous firmware version and wait till a new firmware arrives

Yealink support has notice the “short” coming and replied to the initial post, but they need time to release a new firmware as you can understand… hopefully.

BTW: Personally, and my clients also, do like this new feature.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Werner1959 - 12-01-2016 12:33 PM

Hi complex1,

Yealink wrote “we will add a switch in next firmware version”. The next firmware version after this posting of Yealink was the T46-28.81.0.20. But there is no switch in this firmware version. So I mean, Yealink should have post something again regarding this issue after release of the last firmware.

You describe it a „feature“, that Power LED always flashing when backlight is off. I think a feature is something, which gives an advantage to the users. Personally, I do not see any advantage in this behavior of the phone. I would describe this behavior as an annoying problem. But, maybe, there is an advantage I do not see. What advantage do you see in the flashing LED, when it is flashing although no missed calls and no voicemails are waiting?

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Bahntechnik - 12-01-2016 03:28 PM

This LED flashing is annoying but not critical.

In the meantime the release note of T46-28.81.0.20 is available:
1. Fixed the issue that the IP phones cannot correctly present the contact avatar which you have uploaded via auto provisioning in advance.
2. Fixed the issue that if phone_setting.backlight_time is set to 0, the phone cannot be configured correctly.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Werner1959 - 12-01-2016 06:12 PM

(12-01-2016 03:28 PM)Bahntechnik Wrote:  2. Fixed the issue that if phone_setting.backlight_time is set to 0, the phone cannot be configured correctly.
And what does this mean about the flashing LED? Is it now possible to stop the flashing LED or not?

On my phones backlight time is set to 30 min.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - CeeTee - 12-02-2016 05:54 AM

It is my understanding that the intention was for the power LED to flash every 5 secs when in power_saving mode, and although I would personally prefer something more like 10secs (or a configurable time) I don't particularly have a major issue with the basic concept behind this feature.

However, the problem is that when the backlight_time is also set (in our case, we turn it off after 5mins) it actually flashes the power LED at a much faster rate, making it impossible to distinguish between the phone just being in power_saving mode and it trying to provide missed_calls or voicemail_messages notification... and that is NOT a feature, it's a bug.

The reason why some people are annoyed is that Yealink posted that it would be fixed in the next version, and yet it wasn't - but you needed to install it to discover that fact, and then roll-back again.

I think it's more than fair to call out Yealink on this.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Nasevorn - 12-03-2016 11:12 AM

(12-02-2016 05:54 AM)CeeTee Wrote:  It is my understanding that the intention was for the power LED to flash every 5 secs when in power_saving mode, and although I would personally prefer something more like 10secs (or a configurable time) I don't particularly have a major issue with the basic concept behind this feature.

However, the problem is that when the backlight_time is also set (in our case, we turn it off after 5mins) it actually flashes the power LED at a much faster rate, making it impossible to distinguish between the phone just being in power_saving mode and it trying to provide missed_calls or voicemail_messages notification... and that is NOT a feature, it's a bug.

The reason why some people are annoyed is that Yealink posted that it would be fixed in the next version, and yet it wasn't - but you needed to install it to discover that fact, and then roll-back again.

I think it's more than fair to call out Yealink on this.

Exacly! So I really hope they will fix this, the way you described it, before christmas 2016 with version > 28.81.0.20

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - darryl.grennan - 12-06-2016 03:17 AM

I want an ETA on a fix for this firmware.
This flashing light thing is ridiculous and the lack of response incompetent.
You like a flashing light? Fine, make it an OPTION. Don't force it on people and assume that we're all of the sudden going to like flashing lights.
I can roll back the firmware but I shouldn't have to. Who is running this "S" show anyways?

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - necits2015 - 12-10-2016 04:28 PM

Same problem with 28.81.0.20. Seems like it should be an easy fix? WHy not give the user the option to enable or disable the feature?

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - darryl.grennan - 12-11-2016 12:03 AM

(12-10-2016 04:28 PM)necits2015 Wrote:  Same problem with 28.81.0.20. Seems like it should be an easy fix? WHy not give the user the option to enable or disable the feature?

You would think right?

-Darryl

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - necits2015 - 12-15-2016 04:58 PM

There actually is an option to disable power saving in .20 however it doesn't seem to make a difference. If the backlight is set to off for inactive then the LED will blink regardless of Power Saving settings. I've been setting the backlight inactive to low instead of off but eventually I know it will shorten the screen life.