Yealink Forums
T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off (/showthread.php?tid=34805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Artabanos - 11-01-2016 10:08 AM

There seems to be an issue with the new firmware.

I've updated yesterday to version 28.81.0.15. Now, even if all Power-LED settings are disabled, the LED flashes as soon the backlight goes off.

From the release notes:
Quote: In the power-saving mode, the power indicator LED will flash red every
5 seconds to indicate that the IP phone is in the power-saving mode.

The problem is, the LED flashes even if the power-saving mode is disabled, and this new behavior renders the function as indicator for waiting messages completely unusable.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Werner1959 - 11-01-2016 08:50 PM

I have the same problem since I made the update today.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - RemyK - 11-01-2016 11:22 PM

same here.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Bahntechnik - 11-02-2016 03:14 PM

This new feature with flashing power can not be disabled?
Please add this feature. It's quite annoying if I sit next to the phone and it's flashing without any useful information in my view.

Next thing: My T46G does not exit the power saving mode? The display does not turn on at the specified hour. What can I check?

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - russman - 11-02-2016 09:43 PM

We just upgraded one phone to test and found that with no messages the phone blinks regardless of power saying mode. We updated 3 more and are seeing the same thing. No blinking before, blinking after the update.

That "feature" seems counter productive and disfunctional:
Quote: In the power-saving mode, the power indicator LED will flash red every
5 seconds to indicate that the IP phone is in the power-saving mode.

Yo Dawg, we are going to turn on an additional light to relentlessly notify you that this other lit area is saving power by emitting less light... (lol if you get the reference.)

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Louis6321 - 11-03-2016 05:33 PM

This is also driving me mad! Please stop the blinking while the display is off or in power saving mode, OR at least provide the option to disable the blinking!

(11-02-2016 03:14 PM)Bahntechnik Wrote:  Next thing: My T46G does not exit the power saving mode? The display does not turn on at the specified hour. What can I check?

The phone has both office-hours timeout and off-hours timeout.
When the phone exits off-hours and enters office-hours, it's still meeting the condition of the office-hours timeout, so the display remains off.

I think this is something else they need to change. It should be allowed to disable the office-hours timeout so the display automatically turns on once office-hours hits.

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Nasevorn - 11-06-2016 04:05 PM

Same here. Hope, they will fix this asap. Really very annoying!

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Quinlan_Yealink - 11-07-2016 10:02 AM

hi, we will add a switch in next firmware version

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Bahntechnik - 11-07-2016 10:44 AM

Thank you.

Yealink have a lot good ideas. But if you add flashing LEDs and notifications, you may think of the usability. Flashing LED can be very annoying.

An other thing: Is it possible to add some status messages to the screensaver? Like "Transfer active" or "DND active"?

RE: T46G: Power LED always flashing when backlight is off - Nasevorn - 11-07-2016 02:01 PM

(11-07-2016 10:02 AM)yealink_quinlan Wrote:  hi, we will add a switch in next firmware version

Great, glad to hear. Hope next firmware release will be soon.