Yealink Forums
Display name not centered - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Display name not centered (/showthread.php?tid=3467)

Display name not centered - JeremyC - 03-19-2015 06:08 AM

Hi,

Small (but slightly annoying) issue. Phone is a T28P, and the display name under the logo is not being centered.

I have numerous accounts registered on the phone, and all display the account name/label off-centre. It's obviously more pronounced with longer names.

Any ideas?

RE: Display name not centered - Yealink_Peter - 03-19-2015 06:30 PM

Hi,

It seems normal on my side test, please see below screenshot. Is there any space in front of the display name? May I know your firmware version?
[attachment=1351]

Thank you.
Regards,
Peter

RE: Display name not centered - JeremyC - 03-20-2015 04:49 AM

Hi,

No, there are no spaces to either side of the display name. I tested it with a really long string of characters just to make sure it wasn't my eyes, and same result.

Firmware is 2.73.0.50.

How do you take a screenshot off the phone? I can take one and show you if required.

Thank you.

RE: Display name not centered - Yealink_Peter - 03-20-2015 09:56 AM

Hi,

Screenshot is based on V73 vesion, you should firstly fill your PC ip address or "any" in the Action URI allow IP List field follow the path:Features-> Remote Control, then add "screencapture" at the end of your phone IP address on the browser bar, such as:http://10.2.5.146/screencapture. For the first time using, phone LCD will prompt "Allow Remote Control" to let you choose.

Thank you,
Regards,
Peter

RE: Display name not centered - JeremyC - 03-20-2015 10:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks for that. I've taken a screenshot for you to compare, set with the default logo and the same text that you had.

Is this an issue with the latest firmware?

Cheers

RE: Display name not centered - Yealink_Peter - 03-20-2015 10:42 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your information. I try upgrading to 2.73.0.50 but still didn't find the problem as you come across.
Would you please reset the phone and check again?
[attachment=1357][attachment=1358]

Thanks,

Regards,
Peter

RE: Display name not centered - JeremyC - 03-20-2015 11:25 AM

Hi,

A factory reset did the trick. We have another identical phone that is experiencing the same issue, so we will reset that phone too.

Is this an issue when updating to this particular firmware? It would be a pain if a factory reset was required each time we upgraded the firmware.

Thanks.

RE: Display name not centered - Yealink_Peter - 03-20-2015 01:30 PM

Hi,

Nice to see we are on the right way to track the problem, but I don't think it's necessary for every phone to do a reset after upgrading, it depends on the features whether were defined in factory will take effect only after resetting. But on this case, I think it should be some software issues caused.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter

RE: Display name not centered - JeremyC - 03-23-2015 01:10 PM

Hi,

Just noticed that this issue keeps popping up every now and then. It is ok after I've done a soft reset but at some stage it goes back off centre.

We have the phone auto-provisioning. I will try to keep track of when it happens.