Yealink Forums
Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script (/showthread.php?tid=3463)

Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - dvwrath - 03-19-2015 12:00 AM

I am trying to write a XML script that would activate the DND function as well as run a couple other Functions.

Something Like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute Beep="Yes">
< ExecuteItem URI="COMMAND:DNDon”/>
<ExecuteItem URI="Dial:*30" interrupetCall="no"/>
<ExecuteItem URI="Led:LINE3_RED=on"/>
</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

I took the DNDon from the URI command you can send to the phone to activate it remotely.
I just want DND to turn on. I am not having it dial any Feature Codes to the System like *61 or *60.

Thank you

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Flora_Yealink - 03-19-2015 02:26 AM

Hello ,
If you want to turn on DND , please use the <ExecuteItem URI="Key:HOTKEY3"/>, HOTKEY means Soft key, and for T46, the DND is softkey 3, so the syntax is <ExecuteItem URI="Key:HOTKEY3"/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute
Beep="yes">
<ExecuteItem URI="Key:HOTKEY3"/>
<ExecuteItem URI="Led:LINE3_RED=on"/>

</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>
please test and let us know if any question
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - dvwrath - 03-19-2015 02:38 AM

With quick test that still does not work, However my end goal was to be able to remove the DND button and use that script to activate it.

Thanks

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Flora_Yealink - 03-19-2015 03:00 AM

Which version you tested ? use the same syntax as mine ? I have tested it in my side with T46 28.73.0.50, it can work well, would you please check again?
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - dvwrath - 03-19-2015 11:41 PM

I Tested this on a T42G and T46G. It appears to activate the Soft key on the Previous XML Menu, If I set it to HOTKEY1 it works because that is an EXIT key. but HOTKEY3 has nothing on it in that menu. I can see if this script was run directly from a BLF button I could see it working. however the end goal is to still to remove the DND button complete from the Home Screen. And be able to turn it on with a command. From what it sounds like this is not possible. At least from a XML File.

Thanks

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Flora_Yealink - 03-20-2015 04:30 AM

Thanks , would you plese let us know why you want to remove the DND button from the home screen and use the xml file ?
then we can check internal to see if using Xml file can support the scenario you mentioned

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - dvwrath - 03-20-2015 11:14 PM

DND is limited in the fact it does not have its own BLF if left on the bottom 4 soft keys, and the Icon is pretty Small in the upper corner. If added to a BLF Key you cannot Change the BLF Color. And it can only transmit two different feature codes. I will be using it with 3cx, I want to add this as part of a menu structure which I currently do and it works fine except for the DND part.

Currently the menu activates and dials out the feature code, turns the BLF red, and adds a background message on the Screen. However I need it to also activate DND to block incoming Multicast pages. I can get around this by doing a change Config for the multicast address but that is a little messy.

A 2nd feature I would like to see is the ability to dial feature codes in the background. Similar to How DND activates. Where it does not go off hook to dial the code it just sends it to the phone the system in the background. And or anytime a * feature code is dialed you could set a option to not go off hook.

Thanks

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Flora_Yealink - 03-24-2015 07:34 PM

1. For the DND feature, you can use the Configuration.xml which can enable the DND feature , the content is like below,

<YealinkIPPhoneConfiguration
Beep="yes" >

<Item>features.dnd.enable = 1</Item>

</YealinkIPPhoneConfiguration>

in this case, you can use the execute.xml file like below( add the Configuration.xml in the server for example http://10.2.5.119:8080/Configuration.xml)

<YealinkIPPhoneExecute
Beep="yes">

<ExecuteItem URI="Led:LINE2_RED=on"/>
<ExecuteItem URI="http://10.2.5.119:8080/Configuration.xml"/>

</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

after execute the file, the DND button will turn on.
2. Do you mean when the phone detect there is * feaure code dail command like <ExecuteItem URI="Dial:*12345" /> the phone will not go off just send the feature code to the server ?
sorry we can't support this it at present, would you please let us know why you want to support like this?
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - dvwrath - 03-24-2015 09:00 PM

Thanks For Getting me that script. I had tried activating the DND using the Configuration script and could not get it to turn on I will try again and let you know.

As far as the a Silent Dial Feature Code goes. While it may not be necessary it would be a nice option. User just want to hit it and go they don’t always care about waiting for a response back from the PBX saying it has been activated. While it works fine right now I just thought it would be a nice feature.

Yes, The Configuration script did it. It takes a few seconds to turn on or off after running the script.

Thanks

RE: Turn ON DND Function from a XML Menu Script - Flora_Yealink - 03-27-2015 02:04 PM

Thanks ,let us know if any question. For the Silent Dial Feature Code ,I will check with the product team, it is very useful to let us what customer opinion about it ,thanks.