Yealink Forums
Transfer to voicemail option - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Transfer to voicemail option (/showthread.php?tid=34568)

Transfer to voicemail option - drewNCS - 10-31-2016 11:45 PM

So far the only manufacturer I've seen implemented this feature is Polycom on the VVX and CX series phones. You can simply blind transfer to a users voicemail. I don't see any way to do this currently on the Yealink handsets.

Thanks,
Drew

RE: Transfer to voicemail option - Kevin_Yealink - 11-01-2016 05:58 AM

(10-31-2016 11:45 PM)drewNCS Wrote:  So far the only manufacturer I've seen implemented this feature is Polycom on the VVX and CX series phones. You can simply blind transfer to a users voicemail. I don't see any way to do this currently on the Yealink handsets.

Thanks,
Drew

Hi Drew

This is Kevin from Yealink support team,nice to know you.

As i know, transfer to VM is a server-side feature. Such as, 3CX use *4 and it support this feature. You can transfer a call to *4, then it can transfer a call to voicemail.
But you should ask your server provider for help to double check.

If you means to phone side can support this feature, we don't support now. Can you tell me PL how to transfer a call to VM? the phone model and the phone firmware?

BR
Kevin

RE: Transfer to voicemail option - drewNCS - 11-01-2016 06:13 PM

Hi Kevin,

The PBX we're using is Skype For Business. When you go to transfer a call directly to a user's voicemail box in the Soft Client this is appended to the users sip address ";opaque=app:voicemail;local-resource-path=voicememo". On the CX phones (All models, all firmwares) if you click transfer and then select a user it brings up their contact card which lists out all their phone numbers such as home,work,mobile and also shows voicemail. If you select voicemail it transfers directly to the users voicemail box, ie "sip:example@domain.com;opaque=app:voicemail;local-resource-path=voicememo".

Drew

RE: Transfer to voicemail option - Kevin_Yealink - 11-23-2016 09:14 AM

(11-01-2016 06:13 PM)drewNCS Wrote:  Hi Kevin,

The PBX we're using is Skype For Business. When you go to transfer a call directly to a user's voicemail box in the Soft Client this is appended to the users sip address ";opaque=app:voicemail;local-resource-path=voicememo". On the CX phones (All models, all firmwares) if you click transfer and then select a user it brings up their contact card which lists out all their phone numbers such as home,work,mobile and also shows voicemail. If you select voicemail it transfers directly to the users voicemail box, ie "sip:example@domain.com;opaque=app:voicemail;local-resource-path=voicememo".

Drew

reply via my personal e-mail kevin@yealink.com

RE: Transfer to voicemail option - CeeTee - 12-08-2016 12:52 AM

As far as I am aware, this functionality is a PBX issue. We have Asterisk configured to allow transfer-to-voicemail using *nnn as the target extension number, and it works fine with all of our T46/48 phones.

RE: Transfer to voicemail option - Patrick Hogan - 04-03-2017 08:56 AM

(10-31-2016 11:45 PM)drewNCS Wrote:  So far the only manufacturer I've seen implemented this feature is Polycom on the VVX and CX series phones. You can simply blind transfer to a users voicemail. I don't see any way to do this currently on the Yealink handsets.

Thanks,
Drew

Polycom and Asterisk both have these feature. With the Yealink T46G, for example, you don’t have to!

You can let your customer know that they will be put straight through to voicemail by adding this one simple step.

After hitting the Transfer button, press the (*) button before entering the extension. After doing this hit the Transfer button once more, and the line will be connected to that extension’s voicemail.