Yealink Forums
Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware (/showthread.php?tid=3383)

Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - nestman - 03-04-2015 11:52 AM

I tried upgrading my phone's firmware last week and it eventually timed out. I was in the web GUI and on the Upgrade tab, using the .rom file that was saved on my desktop. The message said not to do anything for 5 minutes, and so I waited patiently. This is failed twice now. Is there anything else I can do? Perhaps make the session time-out longer?

Please advise.

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - James_Yealink - 03-04-2015 06:42 PM

Hi,

What's your current firmware and what firmware do you want to upgrade to?

Regards,
James

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - nestman - 03-04-2015 11:00 PM

I am on 7.70.0.130 right now and I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version that I downloaded.

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - James_Yealink - 03-05-2015 10:35 AM

Generally there is no time out between upgrading untill the network connection unavailable.

Did you upgrade to below V73 firmware?
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/UCOne/2015.02.05/T2X/7.73.0.50.zip

If it still doesn't work please do a reset then upgrade.

Regards,
James

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - nestman - 03-05-2015 10:56 PM

I did a factory reset and attempted to upgrade to 7.73.0.50.com but it eventually timed out like the other attempts. No, I did not upgrade to a version below v73, maybe that is the problem here? Do I need to upgrade to v71, and then v72, before finally upgrading to v73? Please advise, as I would like to get my phone working on the latest firmware release.

Thank you.

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - nestman - 03-06-2015 08:12 AM

I found a bug. If the Yealink phone is connected to the same network switch as the computer used to upload the firmware, then the upgrade process will time out every single time. If the Yealink phone is located elsewhere in the office, then I can use my computer to access that phone and successfully upgrade the firmware.

So for me to have success, I unplugged my phone and plugged it into another network jack in an office down the hall, which uses a separate network switch. Then I went back to my desk, accessed the phone by it's IP address, and updated it's firmware. Please let others know of this so they don't encounter the same frustration I went through.

Thank you.

RE: Session times out while trying to upgrade firmware - James_Yealink - 03-06-2015 11:07 AM

You should be able to do an upgrading through this way in latest firmware.
The network connection will disconnect when phone reboot, your previous problem may be caused by this reason.
Now phone will fully download firmware and then reboot so it's able to do an upgrading as long as the rom file is storaged in your PC(not a FTP server or any provision server).

Regards,
James