Yealink Forums
WatchDog VPN detection - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: WatchDog VPN detection (/showthread.php?tid=33545)

WatchDog VPN detection - blochead - 10-28-2016 07:41 PM

Use :
Multiple phones located in dynamic locations (virtual offices)

Issue :
VPN disconnection due to network loss or VPN server failure or configuration change. The phone wont restart the VPN re-initialization until the Phone is manually rebooted.

Suggestion :
Add ability to the Watchdog feature to automatically reboot phone when VPN is enabled and not connected to desired VPN server.

RE: WatchDog VPN detection - Kevin_Yealink - 12-12-2016 08:50 AM

(10-28-2016 07:41 PM)blochead Wrote:  Use :

Issue :
VPN disconnection due to network loss or VPN server failure or configuration change. The phone wont restart the VPN re-initialization until the Phone is manually rebooted.

Suggestion :
Add ability to the Watchdog feature to automatically reboot phone when VPN is enabled and not connected to desired VPN server.

Hello

This is Kevin from Yealink support team, nice to know you.

For the issue, can you tell the firmware of the phone.

Yealink phone support watch dog feature, do you enable the feature and test with the feature? Please kindly let me know.

Also, may i know how many phones do you have? Please kindly let me know. It would be hopeful to us with useful business information.

BR
Kevin

RE: WatchDog VPN detection - blochead - 12-12-2016 09:35 AM

(12-12-2016 08:50 AM)Kevin Wrote:  

Issue :

Suggestion :

Hello

Yealink phone support watch dog feature, do you enable the feature and test with the feature? Please kindly let me know.

Also, may i know how many phones do you have? Please kindly let me know. It would be hopeful to us with useful business information.

BR
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Currently we are providing Yealink T46G for our virtual offices running firmware 28.80.0.130. For our Turing Green offices we currently only have 10 phones in production but have provided 100's phones for our Virtual office solution ( Asterisk / Yealink Phone / VPN Firewall ) . As Yealink is currently the only phone with OpenVpn software built into the phone it is important to our company to make sure these phones have the ability to maintain a 99.7% uptime. Currently we hold a 80% uptime due reasons other than the phone. Once there is a network issue long enough the VPN tunnel no longer can be maintained and the phone requires a reboot.

Thanks for the reply,
Joe Giarratano

RE: WatchDog VPN detection - Kevin_Yealink - 12-13-2016 12:40 PM

(12-12-2016 09:35 AM)blochead Wrote:  

Issue :

Suggestion :

Hello

BR
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Currently we are providing Yealink T46G for our virtual offices running firmware 28.80.0.130. For our Turing Green offices we currently only have 10 phones in production but have provided 100's phones for our Virtual office solution ( Asterisk / Yealink Phone / VPN Firewall ) . As Yealink is currently the only phone with OpenVpn software built into the phone it is important to our company to make sure these phones have the ability to maintain a 99.7% uptime. Currently we hold a 80% uptime due reasons other than the phone. Once there is a network issue long enough the VPN tunnel no longer can be maintained and the phone requires a reboot.

Thanks for the reply,
Joe Giarratano

Hello Joe

For the issue, i need to double check with R&D. I can't make sure that if yealink phone can support such issue. I will let you know when i get reply from R&D.

BR
Kevin

RE: WatchDog VPN detection - Kevin_Yealink - 01-03-2017 01:03 AM

(12-13-2016 12:40 PM)Kevin Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 09:35 AM)blochead Wrote:  

Issue :

Suggestion :

Hello

BR
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply,
Joe Giarratano

Hello Joe

For the issue, i need to double check with R&D. I can't make sure that if yealink phone can support such issue. I will let you know when i get reply from R&D.

BR
Kevin

Hello Joe

Sorry for late response. For the issue, our Yealink phone support to re-connect to VPN server if something wrong with VPN environment. So we don't need to use watch dog to reboot the phone.

You can open the cnf file, and add such syntax in the file:
resolv-retry infinite ---it will enable re-connect feature.

Let us know if you have any question.

RE: WatchDog VPN detection - mkeuter - 01-27-2017 06:45 PM

Hello Joe,

"resolv-retry infinite" is the default value.

--resolv-retry n
If hostname resolve fails for --remote, retry resolve for n seconds before failing.
Set n to "infinite" to retry indefinitely.

By default, --resolv-retry infinite is enabled. You can disable by setting n=0.