Yealink Forums
Simultaneous shared parking - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Simultaneous shared parking (/showthread.php?tid=3330)

Pages: 1 2

Simultaneous shared parking - weshader - 02-19-2015 07:00 AM

I have a situation usnig 3CX v12.5 and two Yealink T46G phones. What I have noticed is that when two people try to transfer separate calls to the same 3cx shared parking orbit, one of the calls gets parked, and the other just receives dead air. I have ched the 3cx logs and I can see that the second call receives a 486 Busy Here code but the phone does not display a transfer failed message. So the second call just gets lost somewhere. I have heard of other situations like this where the phones do show a transfer failed, but mine do not.

I have already reset the phones back to factory config and reprovisioned them with a 3cx extension. Can anyone help?

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - CWR - 02-19-2015 11:02 AM

I failed to mention today on 3cx that I am on v12 - where it works flawlessly on T46 and same v73 firmware as you.
It is possible it is only an issue in 3cx v12.5 but until my PBX is upgraded no way to know for sure. I generally wait for SP1 to upgrade to a major version.
Your distributor can probably test this scenario for you on both PBX's.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - tsukraw - 02-19-2015 11:15 AM

Do you know how to do a wireshark capture?
I would be interested in seeing a capture of the issue if you can re-product it.
I haven't been able to duplicate this exact issue on 12.5

If your not sure how to do a capture shoot me a PM and ill give you a hand with it.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - weshader - 02-19-2015 11:44 PM

(02-19-2015 11:15 AM)tsukraw Wrote:  Do you know how to do a wireshark capture?
I would be interested in seeing a capture of the issue if you can re-product it.
I haven't been able to duplicate this exact issue on 12.5

If your not sure how to do a capture shoot me a PM and ill give you a hand with it.

Thank you tsukraw. I have limited experience with Wireshark, but if all you need me to do is run it from the 3cx server and reproduce the issue, I can do that.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - CWR - 02-20-2015 12:38 AM

That is what you need - a standard capture of the calls from the 3cx server. Start Wireshark. Wait 10 seconds. Start the process.
Complete the process. End the call. Wait 10 seconds. End Wireshark.
I just always add 10 seconds to both sides to make sure it captures everything.
Post it to a Dropbox or Onedrive account as sometimes the files are too big to post here, and share the link.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - weshader - 02-20-2015 01:57 AM

Here is the link to a capture file of when the situation occurred.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13014124/capture1.pcapng

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - CWR - 02-20-2015 02:11 AM

Do you have 2 NIC cards in the server? I see 2 different Private Scopes.
And what are the IP's of the 2 phones?
I think the PBX is 172.16.1.242...

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - weshader - 02-20-2015 03:17 AM

(02-20-2015 02:11 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  Do you have 2 NIC cards in the server? I see 2 different Private Scopes.
And what are the IP's of the 2 phones?
I think the PBX is 172.16.1.242...

No the VM that 3CX is running on only has one NIC. The second scope, I am assuming you are talking about 192.168.1.X network, is my data LAN. My PC resides on that network and was connected via RDP to the 172.16.1.242 (PBX). The phones are 172.16.1.4 and 172.16.1.6.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - weshader - 02-24-2015 09:59 PM

I'm not sure if either of you have had time to look at this further, but I did open a support ticket with 3cx and here is their response.

Quote:We have managed to replicate your issue as described however this is a matter of timing between the time the messages are send and received from phones to PBX and back which is extremely close and by the time the response reaches the phones you have the issue that you described so this is a matter of timing and phone handling (yealink will not give you the option to drop the call where snom will tell you that parking failed and give you the option to terminate the call). At the current stage the only way to circumvent this is to either spread your SP spaces among phones so that they can avoid over-parking in this way, or you can you can use parking orbits that allow multiple parking in the same space.

I will agree that it seems like 3cx is doing its job by sending a 486 Busy and it seems like they are saying this is a limitation of Yealink.

RE: Simultaneous shared parking - CWR - 02-24-2015 11:10 PM

Wow - this is definitely strange. So this doesn't happen to me or Tucker. I can only guess there is some network congestion? What would happen if you put the phones and 3cx in the same subnet as the rest of the network?

In the orbits - if you can park more than 1 call to the same orbit then how do you signify which one you are picking up?