Yealink Forums
BLF Mode/setup help. - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: BLF Mode/setup help. (/showthread.php?tid=3301)

BLF Mode/setup help. - Bobcat19 - 02-11-2015 06:36 AM

So I've got a small issue with 2 reception phones (Both T26Ps)

Basically, at the office there is one receptionist, Suzy (first T26P), and another lady (Rebecca) who answers the phone if the receptionist is busy on a call (she also has a T26P).
The PBX is set to ring both of their phones at the same time.
But when a call comes through, and Suzy is already busy, Rebecca has no way of knowing that Suzy can't answer it because the BLF for Suzy starts flashing. And obviously Rebecca doesn't know if it WAS solid red before that.
BLF LED Mode is set to 0 btw.

So in a nutshell, Rebecca doesn't know if she should answer the call or not because she has no way of knowing if the receptionist is already on a call.

Is there a way of setting up the BLF for a situation like this? Is there another, much simpler solution that I've overlooked?

Any help would be great. Thanks

RE: BLF Mode/setup help. - James_Yealink - 02-11-2015 05:40 PM

What's your pbx server? Can a Ring strategy like be set?
Put the two extension in a ring group. If an incoming call not answered or rejected by first phone then it go to second phone.

Regards,
James

RE: BLF Mode/setup help. - CWR - 02-12-2015 01:45 AM

What PBX would be helpful as a Ring Strategy might work.
Do you want Rebecca to answer immediately if Suzy is busy? Or should it ring at Suzy a couple times first?
Perhaps Ring Suzi and if she doesn't answer then goto the Ring Group (Suzy and Rebecca). This way, Rebecca would know Suzy already had a chance.

RE: BLF Mode/setup help. - cadillackid - 02-14-2015 04:30 AM

I would use a Call queue.. that way if suzy is busy her phone doesnt ring. if both of them are busy you can set a light to illuminate indicating calls are in the queue waiting to be answered...

-Christopher