Yealink Forums
Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work (/showthread.php?tid=3263)

Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - Penny F - 02-05-2015 05:12 AM

I cannot complete a call to a contact in the local directory in my T38 phone. I have tried it as a local number (without an area code) and also with the area code and it just gives me a busy signal and a message that says "Not Found".
Help!

RE: Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - CWR - 02-05-2015 01:37 PM

are you using a pbx? local or remote? have you checked the logs on the pbx or run a pcap trace from the phone?
do these calls work if you just dial the number from the directory?

RE: Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - Penny F - 02-06-2015 12:19 AM

Not sure - we use 3cx with the yealink phone and I know our server and gateway is in-house, but I am not the "tech" person - just help with the system software relating to phone settings and am a contact in-house to relate problems, etc. I just was in the yealink software the other day and was testing the contact section. The entry went fine - uploaded photo, but when I call from my phone by accessing the menu then the directory then local contacts, i get a busy signal and a message saying not found. Does this mean the local directory is only for in-house contacts? Not an outside phone number?

RE: Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - CWR - 02-06-2015 02:20 AM

Ok - so 3cx... we too use yealink on 3cx and it works on external contacts.
I usually do not add hyphens - but tried and it worked fine.

The best thing would be to look at the 3cx server logs and see the reason for fail.
You say "Gateway" is in house - so I am assuming PSTN/Analog/T1 lines of some sort..

RE: Calling a contact in the local directory doesn't work - Penny F - 02-06-2015 05:49 AM

I went back in took out the hyphens and it worked!