Yealink Forums
T29 vs T46 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T29 vs T46 (/showthread.php?tid=3252)

T29 vs T46 - CWR - 02-03-2015 06:58 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 devices?
They look almost identical and the feature set is almost identical.

The Yealink comparison tool
Compare Phones
shows the 29 with 16 accounts and the 46 with 6 accounts - yet I have 16 accounts on my T46.

And... what kind of features can we expect on the T27?

RE: T29 vs T46 - jolouis - 02-04-2015 11:12 PM

Form factor?

My bet is under the hood they are the same board/LCD/etc, just put into two different bodies. The T4X series is Yealink's premium line, while the T2X series is more of the "Value/legacy" line. From a marketing perspective I can see why they would offer both phones even though functionally they're almost the same... T29 gives customers who have an office full of T2Xs already a unified "update path" so that they can gradually update power users to gigabit without the office looking like a mish-mash of two completely different phone styles. On the same road, it also gives you the option of mixing deployments of the cheapest Yealink sets along with high end Gigabit ones while still maintaining the same overall appearance. From a techie point of view that might sound odd, but from a sales/customer perspective it's often important (I'm a techie so I don't get it, but this is what our sales people mention to us all the time)

On the other hand, if you're doing new installs from scratch then push the entire T4x series for the "premium" feel.

I would guess that the T29G exists due to requests from the market/demand for it. I believe Yealink is also doing their very best to kill off the T3x series, so it makes sense to have a T29G which would be a direct stand in for the T38G (The T3x series have different underlying hardware and never really fit into the grand plans. They were a bit of a band-aid while figuring out the T4x series, and it makes sense to essentially merge them into the T2x series so that there are only two product lines to manage)

That's just my two cents though...

RE: T29 vs T46 - CWR - 02-04-2015 11:57 PM

Those were my initial thoughts. The 38 fills a void still - real BLF's - which I have a lot of requests for. Not everyone likes to page thru to find what they are looking for. I initially bought 65 T38's and they EOL'd them (not really admitting to it) pretty quick. So I have been buying the 46's - but get the BLF complaint often. When I do, I find someone who doesn't need the BLF's and swap the phones out. Smile