Yealink Forums
DSS Key type VoiceMail Blink if there is a message - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: DSS Key type VoiceMail Blink if there is a message (/showthread.php?tid=3237)

DSS Key type VoiceMail Blink if there is a message - tsukraw - 02-01-2015 02:30 AM

I havent figured out a way to accomplish this so throwing it out there in case someone else knows a way.

I have a need to program a front desk phone with 3 different mailboxes.
The initial thought was to program 3 separate extensions on the phone. have all 3 extensions subscript to MWI lights. This works but just glancing at the phone you cannot tell which mailbox has the message. It just shows one new message and the blinking notification light.

So the next thought was setting a DSS key to Voicemail. Selecting the Line for the key. In this configuration though the DSS key does not blink RED when there is a message. Does anyone know a way to get this function? it would be great if i could have it blink. That way i could have a DSS key for each Voicemail Account and the light would illuminate for that account when there is a VM.

Forgot i should mention this is a T46G phone, Firmware 28.73.0.45, 3CX V12.5GA

RE: DSS Key type VoiceMail Blink if there is a message - cadillackid - 02-02-2015 06:45 AM

is there any way to do custom device states in 3CX? in asterisk you can create a "custom" device, which is effectively a fake SIP device with a Hint. I then create a BLF key on a phone which subscribes to my custom Hint. within the phone syste logic when a voicemail message is left I then set my custom Device to "IN USE" which triggers the light on the phone to go red. when I press the button, it dials the custom "extension" number I have created which then takes me to the voicemail for the desired mailbox..

if there is something like custom device states in 3CX you should be able to accomplish this similar to the way I do.
-Christopher