Yealink Forums
T42G 29.73.0.45 latest Firmware, still reboots randomly - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T42G 29.73.0.45 latest Firmware, still reboots randomly (/showthread.php?tid=3176)

T42G 29.73.0.45 latest Firmware, still reboots randomly - opt2bout - 01-20-2015 04:30 AM

I did tag a reply to another post but thought I would post this separately to get support on this issue.

I have a new T42G, factory defaults. v72 firmware out of the box. I installed the phone and set up a single account. Before the account even registered, the phone rebooted.

I removed the Yealkink handset adapter and tried again. I got the phone to configure with the Voip provider but the phone constantly reboots. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to this...I can be in a call, or it can just be sitting there doing nothing.

During testing with the service provider I unregistered the phone and set up dummy accounts for testing. It still reboots.

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest available to me (29.73.0.45) and it still is rebooting.

Other than returning the phone, do I have any options?

Thanks

RE: T42G 29.73.0.45 latest Firmware, still reboots randomly - James_Yealink - 01-20-2015 08:05 PM

Hi,

You power the phone through adapter or POE? Please make sure that you use a 5V/1.2A power supply.
Do a facotry reset and leave it alone, will it reboot?
If yes, it should be a hardware problem, please contact your vendor.

Regards,
James

RE: T42G 29.73.0.45 latest Firmware, still reboots randomly - opt2bout - 01-20-2015 11:42 PM

I am using the adapter than came with the phone, not POE.

I have done a couple of factory resets. Returning the phone.