Yealink Forums
T38G slow network throughput - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: T38G slow network throughput (/showthread.php?tid=311)

T38G slow network throughput - dcfindlay - 03-29-2013 09:03 AM

Just installed 12 new T38G's for a customer. They have a gigabit switch and gigabit cards in their pc's. They immediately noticed that their network speed dropped dramatically. Files that used to download from their server in 15 seconds now take over a minute.

I was thinking maybe the phones were set to 100Mb/s instead of 1000 but I can't find a place to set that.

Firmware is 38.70.0.115. The phone is in bridge mode.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

RE: T38G slow network throughput - Yealink Support - 03-29-2013 10:47 AM

Hello,
1.Our T38G phone works like this:
If the phone receive 1GB bandwidth, the port of the phone will auto-negociate to 1GB;
If the phone receive 100 MB bandwidth, the port of the phone will auto-negociate to 100MB;
If the phone receive 10MB bandwidth, the port of the phone will auto-negociate to 10MB.
So you don’t need to configure it manually on the phone.
2. Could you provide your network topological graph to us? Because we didn't receive such feedback before.
3. Could you provide trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then reproduce the issue, and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.

RE: T38G slow network throughput - dcfindlay - 03-30-2013 07:10 AM

The problem has been solved. It was the network cable that came with the phone. They swapped it with another one and the speed returned.

I do have a question though. What is the actual maximum throughput of the phone? (not the connect speed). Is that number published somewhere?

RE: T38G slow network throughput - Yealink Support - 03-30-2013 11:58 AM

Hello, great news, thanks.
Sorry we don't have such actual maximum throughput number, i think most of the IP Phone is similar, and don't worry about this, we have so many customers are using Yealink phones, and there's no such issue appeared. Smile