Yealink Forums
Ringing on second call - 3CX - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Ringing on second call - 3CX (/showthread.php?tid=3100)

Pages: 1 2

Ringing on second call - 3CX - ShawnDev - 01-06-2015 09:01 AM

Right now on a T46g phone if a second call comes in (using 3CX) the phone doesn't ring. It makes a call waiting tone and displays the call on the phone display. Is there a way to make the second call generate a ringing sound in addition to or instead of the call waiting tone?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - rlsabin - 01-06-2015 10:10 AM

The ability for the phone to have an audible ring for a second incoming call has been requested many times on this forum but for some reason Yealink has chosen to ignore the requests and has not added this ability to their phones.

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - James_Yealink - 01-06-2015 03:02 PM

Hi,

May I know won't the second ring interference the first call?
If you use a handset then second ring should play through both handset+speaker or only one channel?
If you use speaker then the second ring will play through speaker? Then the first call can't be hear clearly.

What's your desiraable design?

Regards,
James

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - ShawnDev - 01-06-2015 11:06 PM

The ringing should be heard on the base speaker only. If the user is using speakerphone it will interrupt the call. However this is primarily needed for staff that do nothing but answer phones. They don't use speakerphones. Every phone system I've replaced the phone still rings when a new call comes in which is what the Operator/Reception staff are used to.

I suppose one reason why it hasn't been done is that on old traditional phones the ringer, handset & speaker (for speakerphone) are separate. On VOIP phones the ringer comes through the speaker, but it's still a feature that we need the option to have.

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - James_Yealink - 01-07-2015 07:48 PM

Hi,

Finally the feature is accepted by our product department and it will be desinged in V81 firmware.(Since the V80 is not desgined as "feature adding" firmware)

According to the design it seems that there will be three options, call waiting tone, ring, silent.

Regards,
James

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - ShawnDev - 01-08-2015 12:23 AM

Sounds good. That will make several of my clients very happy. I'm not sure I understand about the firmware though aren't we on v73?

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - cadillackid - 02-04-2015 05:26 AM

is there any update on a release time for this? I want to let the customers know.. for my front desk operators this is somrthing they require before they will let me swap Aastra phones out for the New Yealink as an operator console.

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - CWR - 02-04-2015 05:53 AM

Not sure how your inbound calls are routing but have you considered changing the Admin to the Yealink and putting the Aastra nearby for now and let it ring.
(A ring group with both phones ?)

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - James_Yealink - 02-04-2015 03:53 PM

Don't have a certain time schedule now. Our R&D are discussing about adding the feature in V80 or V81.
If in V80 then it will be available in Q2 2015. The time of V81 has not been confirmed now.

Regards,
James

RE: Ringing on second call - 3CX - AVG-Don - 03-04-2015 12:33 AM

(02-04-2015 03:53 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Don't have a certain time schedule now. Our R&D are discussing about adding the feature in V80 or V81.
If in V80 then it will be available in Q2 2015. The time of V81 has not been confirmed now.

Could you keep us updated on this? We are looking for this feature too (in combination with FreePBX). This is the first feature that we found lacking in our test setup.

We are currently intensively using this feature with our current PBX so that colleagues can pickup the call (using pickup groups) when someone is currently calling and a second call arrives. If the call waiting tone is only played through the handset, the other people in the room can't hear that another call has arrived.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Don