Yealink Forums
Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call (/showthread.php?tid=306)

Pages: 1 2 3

Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - alambiki - 03-27-2013 06:20 PM

Hi Yealink support

All our customers complain about the transfer procedure. The is one step that bother them.
When a phone (let say a T28) has 2 incoming calls.
If you want to transfer a line, then the phone asks you:
1. New call
2. "the number of the other incoming call"

Is it possible to disable this feature and get directly the "New call" feature ?
Thank you for your reply

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Yealink Support - 03-28-2013 03:20 PM

Hello,
1.This setting is convenient for transfer to another incoming call when needed.
2.Some customers need this, sorry currently there's no such option to disable it.
3.All of your customers will always meet this situation? Are they receptions?

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - chuff - 05-16-2013 08:22 AM

It would be great if this could be disabled, as our users find this feature to be incredibly distracting across all departments and uses...

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Yealink Support - 06-04-2013 04:14 PM

Hi Chuff,
We will ask our product department to evaluate this.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - AlexG - 06-23-2013 02:19 AM

I've signed up on this forum specifically because of this issue.

After upgrading the firmware on my main receptionist phones, I was prompted as to why the phone now requires an extra step, to complete a transfer.

In our environment, receptionists receive multiple calls and then transfer them to our tenants. They will NEVER need to connect two incoming calls together. This has resulted in nothing but confusion and frustration when handling multiple calls. My receptionists are now always required to perform an extra step to transfer a call.

I originally liked the Yealink phones but this is a complete deal-breaker for me. Polycom phones do not exhibit such redundancy, so I will be slowly switching back to them, despite their higher price tag. At least they they work logically.

I also find it ridiculous that you incorporated this feature because "some customers need this" without considering the fact that other customers absolutely DO NOT need this. This could have easily been made as an on/off feature.

I hope this issue will be resolved soon, otherwise I will never be purchasing another Yealink product for my businesses.

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - elementpbx - 06-26-2013 06:30 AM

I agree.

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Yealink Support - 06-26-2013 10:17 AM

(06-23-2013 02:19 AM)AlexG Wrote:  I've signed up on this forum specifically because of this issue.

After upgrading the firmware on my main receptionist phones, I was prompted as to why the phone now requires an extra step, to complete a transfer.

In our environment, receptionists receive multiple calls and then transfer them to our tenants. They will NEVER need to connect two incoming calls together. This has resulted in nothing but confusion and frustration when handling multiple calls. My receptionists are now always required to perform an extra step to transfer a call.

I originally liked the Yealink phones but this is a complete deal-breaker for me. Polycom phones do not exhibit such redundancy, so I will be slowly switching back to them, despite their higher price tag. At least they they work logically.

I also find it ridiculous that you incorporated this feature because "some customers need this" without considering the fact that other customers absolutely DO NOT need this. This could have easily been made as an on/off feature.

I hope this issue will be resolved soon, otherwise I will never be purchasing another Yealink product for my businesses.

Hi AlexG,
Sorry for the trouble, could you let us know where are you from? And where you buy the phone from?
We will assign a special technical support for you, to check whether we can make a special firmware for you, to disable this.
Thanks.

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Yealink Support - 06-26-2013 10:35 AM

(06-23-2013 02:19 AM)AlexG Wrote:  I've signed up on this forum specifically because of this issue.

BTW, could you give me your email address? Smile Thanks.

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - AlexG - 06-29-2013 05:47 AM

(06-26-2013 10:35 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  

BTW, could you give me your email address? Smile Thanks.

PM sent. I would really appreciate it if it could be done!

RE: Transfer problem when you have more than 1 incoming call - Yealink Support - 07-01-2013 10:54 AM

Thanks.
I already transfered this issue to our special technical team to check. They will contact you by email soon.