Yealink Forums
Different ring-tone for specific incoming numbers - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Different ring-tone for specific incoming numbers (/showthread.php?tid=3040)

Different ring-tone for specific incoming numbers - belias - 12-23-2014 09:23 PM

Hello,

I support a system with 2 W52P base stations configured as:

Base 1: 3 handsets, 3 lines
Base 2: 2 handsets, 2 lines

The customer frequently needs to "intercom" between bases. The only way I could set this up was to simply use the phone-book and list the other extensions. Not exactly "intercom", but best I could come up with since the Yealink intercom feature doesn't work between bases.

This works, but they need a different ring-tone for these types of calls vs. a regular incoming call. Is there any way to support this?

Thanks.

RE: Different ring-tone for specific incoming numbers - James_Yealink - 12-24-2014 04:42 PM

Hi Belias,

You can only configure a different ring-tone of intercom for handsets registered to a same base.

But Since handset can ring different tone based on which line is called maybe you can configure a specific line to receive such an "intercom" and ring a specific ring tone?

The configuration is under OK-> Settings-> Audio-> Ring Tones-> Melodies.

Regards,
James

RE: Different ring-tone for specific incoming numbers - butrus - 02-14-2015 05:06 AM

(12-23-2014 09:23 PM)belias Wrote:  Hello,

I support a system with 2 W52P base stations configured as:

Base 1: 3 handsets, 3 lines
Base 2: 2 handsets, 2 lines

The customer frequently needs to "intercom" between bases. The only way I could set this up was to simply use the phone-book and list the other extensions. Not exactly "intercom", but best I could come up with since the Yealink intercom feature doesn't work between bases.

This works, but they need a different ring-tone for these types of calls vs. a regular incoming call. Is there any way to support this?

Thanks.

AFAIK If you have control of your VOIP PBX (like Asterisk) you can convince it to use the Alert-Info SIP Header. But you can choose only from those ring-tones available...