Yealink Forums
W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? (/showthread.php?tid=3034)

W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - yanceyworks - 12-20-2014 02:35 AM

Just deployed a new set of W52P's (4) including a repeater. All have at least 3 bars of signal strength and when in use operate normally.

Issue is with phone appearing to restart randomly and showing the default January date on them.

Then after a few minutes they revert back to their standard config.

Base is powered POE by Netgear switch with only 6 other T46/42's so should not be over power limit.

Only thing have not tested is in different port on switch.

In past had a Wireless AP on a Netgear randomly restart and port change to POE+ helped.

Note, just updated f/w on Base and Handsets to latest (20, not 25)

Any feedback on what besides the switch that might be at issue would be helpful.

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - yanceyworks - 12-25-2014 01:05 AM

Anyone with thoughts?

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - complex1 - 12-25-2014 05:39 AM

Hi,

I don’t know what the reason is for not upgrading to the latest firmware version of the base and handset, but I recommend to upgrade them to the latest version. (Base: 25.73.0.25 – Handset: 26.73.0.10)

What happens if you don’t use the repeater, do the handsets still restarts randomly?

Have you try only one handset registered to the base, does the handset then restart randomly?

I also suggest to use the power adapter during these tests, not to use PoE(+).

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - James_Yealink - 12-25-2014 09:14 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the late.
May I know how many handsets are connected to this base station? 4 handsets?

Can you please do the two tests:
1.disconnect the repeater and keep 4 handsets registered then check again.
2.connect the repeater but only register 2 handsets and check again.

Thanks,
James

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - yanceyworks - 01-01-2015 09:18 PM

(12-25-2014 05:39 AM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

I don’t know what the reason is for not upgrading to the latest firmware version of the base and handset, but I recommend to upgrade them to the latest version. (Base: 25.73.0.25 – Handset: 26.73.0.10)

What happens if you don’t use the repeater, do the handsets still restarts randomly?

Have you try only one handset registered to the base, does the handset then restart randomly?

Complex1, not always clear which FW supports the 3CX PBX system we have deployed. I will connect the power adapter on my next visit.

Thanks for reply and I'll keep you posted.

Hi James, yes, 4 handsets and I will first try what Complex1 suggested with direct power.

I have seen it happen before were there was not enough POE power or something and the device connected was restarting pretty regularly.

I will keep you posted.

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - millennium - 01-12-2015 03:10 PM

Hi,

We are experiencing this same issue with five (5) W52p Handsets and Base Station (connected via POE) with 2 Repeaters. It seems that after there is an incoming call that is answered by one of the handsets, any one of the other handsets starts to reboot, go into "Searching For Base Mode", "Initializing" Mode, and then re registers. Sometimes the handset is stuck in intiializing mode and we either have to take the battery out, or bring it next to the base station to get it reregistered.

Did plugging the base station into a dedicated power cord (instead of POE) solve the issue?

Or is there another fix?

(01-01-2015 09:18 PM)yanceyworks Wrote:  
(12-25-2014 05:39 AM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Complex1, not always clear which FW supports the 3CX PBX system we have deployed. I will connect the power adapter on my next visit.

Thanks for reply and I'll keep you posted.

Hi James, yes, 4 handsets and I will first try what Complex1 suggested with direct power.

I have seen it happen before were there was not enough POE power or something and the device connected was restarting pretty regularly.

I will keep you posted.

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - James_Yealink - 01-12-2015 04:06 PM

Hi,

Can you please de-register the repeater and check again.
Currently we recommend only connecting 2~3 handsets to a base when there are repeaters. Since a repeater can only support 2 simultanous call there may be an error when more than 2 calls going through it.

Regards,
James

RE: W52 Handsets appear to restart randomly, why? - millennium - 01-14-2015 02:50 AM

Hi James,

We de-registered the 2 repeaters and had the 5 handsets connect only to the base station with no restart issues. But when we put the two repeaters back on, and put the base station in repeater mode, the same issue happened again...random headsets, one at a time, started to "reboot/search for base/initialize", etc after there is any phone call activity. Thus, we had to revert back to disconnecting the 2 repeaters and run 5 handsets only off the base station.

Pretty disappointed to hear that Yealink is only recommending 2-3 handsets when there are repeaters being used. There is no documentation on this...and the W52p specifically states up to 5 handsets can be connected to it. There is no information anywhere that states to use only 2-3 handsets when repeaters are connected. We wasted money on 2 repeaters and 2-3 handsets. Is this expected to be fixed by Yealink? If not, Yealink definitely needs to update their website and product brochure so other customers are not mislead.