Yealink Forums
TFTP file request time ? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: TFTP file request time ? (/showthread.php?tid=2996)

TFTP file request time ? - harun_91 - 12-12-2014 07:20 PM

Hello ladies and gentleman,

I own a Yealink T20P with firmware 9.70.0.140. My question is, how long will the phone try to get the config files from TFTP (if they do not exist in the TFTP server). What's the exact time amount for that, and can we configure it ?

Thanks for your time and help.

Kind regards,
Harun B.

RE: TFTP file request time ? - Yealink_Jim - 12-15-2014 02:53 PM

Hi,
Yes, you can configure the time as below picture. Would you please upgrade the phone to V73 beta version?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1233]

Please go to below link to get the V73 beta version:

ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.com/00.Firmwares/V73/normal/9.73.0.16.rom

Hope this helps!

RE: TFTP file request time ? - harun_91 - 12-15-2014 04:13 PM

I can't find the above shown section. I have a slightly different Web UI ! If I upgrade to the beta ROM will I be able to downgrade it ?

Yeah I upgraded. Have that disease "curiosity killed the cat" :B

RE: TFTP file request time ? - James_Yealink - 12-15-2014 04:36 PM

Hi Harun_91,

You can see the same interface after upgrading to V73. It can be downgraded.

Totally phone will send three tftp requests in an autoprovision process when the file doesn't exist in tftp server. The interval is 5 seconds but it can't be changed. May I know why do you want to change it?

The configuration in Jim's picture control the interval phone do an autoprovision.

Regards,
James

RE: TFTP file request time ? - harun_91 - 12-15-2014 05:08 PM

Because I want to build a provisioning system where I will generate the files or create them on the fly, so I am a bit concerned about how long it will take for phone to wait for those files. Btw I already upgraded it to v73 ! While I am playing with the phone is there a particular tester page or thread on this forum, so I might help you with bugs or something similar to report ?

Kind Regards,
Harun B.

It doesn't matter what you put there ! It asks couple of times and then its done, doesn't look for config files anymore ? Why ?

Kind Regards,
Harun B.