Yealink Forums
Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" (/showthread.php?tid=299)

Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" - alambiki - 03-23-2013 09:37 PM

I have a problem and have no clue how to resolve it.Angry
I installed an Elastix 2.3.0 (based on 1.8 Asterisk) in a 100 people company. I have a problem with the T28 that acts as a switchboard phone
The T28 handles multiple calls, but the person in charge of the switchboard can see incoming calls labelled as "lines". But cannot see the incoming call number with the "phone number" in front of the "line" button of the T28
Thus this confusing for the person in charge of the T28.

For example: Let say I have 3 incoming calls

Situation occuring:
On the screen of the T28, we will actually see:
Extension number (this is the label)
(and as you can imagine, it is difficult to take a line back when you can't remember who called you):

Situation needed
What would be great is to see. (below you can easily remember what number called you):

I called several people and they told me it is a well known Asterisk situation.
Do you know what to do ? Idea

Thank you for your help...!WinkWinkWinkWink

RE: Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" - Yealink Support - 03-27-2013 10:23 AM

Hello,
So you mean you want to see the number but not label(name) of the incoming call?
Do you use local phonebook? Sorry i am not very understand why you want to see the number, if you are using local phonebook, when you want to dial to them, you can just search their name and dial out.
And Caller ID depends on 'From' header field, some servers can decide this parameter

RE: Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" - alambiki - 03-27-2013 04:18 PM

Hello,
Some customers (in big companies that deal with more than 3 calls simultaneously) complain that they do not see the incoming phone number on the side of each label (or the incoming name that would be recognized in the phonebook) when they have multiple calls.
When there is a single call, it is very easy to answer the call
But when you have 4 calls waiting on a T28, the operator has difficulties to go from one call to the other because the incoming phone number is not written in front of the label.
The operator has to memories who called you on label 1, label 2, label 3, label 4.
And this is impossible. (I let you try...!)
Please find a screen shot.

RE: Question about T28 "handling multiple incoming calls" - Yealink Support - 03-28-2013 03:46 PM

Hello,
To help to clarify the issue ASAP, i still need to confirm these informations(So i can test it at my side):
1. Are they use the same extention on the all line keys? Or they have different extention(on different PBX)?
2. "when you have 4 calls waiting on a T28, the operator has difficulties to go from one call to the other because the incoming phone number is not written in front of the label."
Do you mean before you answer all of these calls? It means when you talking with someone, then there are three incoming calls are waiting for you answering, then you don't know which call should answer first, because you can't see their number or the name?
3.Here i tested with our latest firmware x.70.0.130 at our website, and when there's several incoming calls, i can press UP or DOWN navigation key to check their number or name, so i can decide which call should be answered first.
Please let me know whether i misunderstanding your meaning.
Thanks.