Yealink Forums
Picking up second call Problem - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Picking up second call Problem (/showthread.php?tid=2959)

Picking up second call Problem - LARRYFRANK20 - 12-05-2014 05:40 AM

I am unable to pick up a second incoming call from a phone which is engaged.

I have all outside calls going into account 1.
The other 5 accounts are used for internal call transfers.
When a second call comes in to line 1 while line one is in use, the red light flashes, and the caller ID scrolls across the screen with information on the second call. Caller 1 can be put on hold, but it is not possible to connect to the second incoming call.
( when on hold line one flashes, but when the flashing line button is pressed, The call just takes the first caller off of hold.
How can I connect to the second call coming in .

Thank you
Larry Frank

RE: Picking up second call Problem - CWR - 12-05-2014 05:42 AM

So do you have only 1 BLF programmed for "Account 1" ?

What is the need to have 5 accounts for Internal Call Transfers?

RE: Picking up second call Problem - LARRYFRANK20 - 12-05-2014 05:59 AM

(12-05-2014 05:42 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  So do you have only 1 BLF programmed for "Account 1" ?

What is the need to have 5 accounts for Internal Call Transfers?

The BLF option is not available from the Provider.
The other 5 accounts are set up in this manner. ( There is no receptionist, so any of the 5 phones in the company need to fulfill this duty at various times.
If a call comes in, I set up 5 buttons on the screen to transfer calls to a specific registered account ( 2 -5) on the target phone. If the call is not picked up by the target phone it is forwarded back to the phone who initiated the transfer on account 6 . I labeled Line 6 "Bounce" on all 5 phones, so when call comes into a phone on "BOUNCE" it is known that the transferred call was not picked up and is bouncing back to the sender.
Larry

RE: Picking up second call Problem - CWR - 12-05-2014 07:08 AM

(12-05-2014 05:59 AM)LARRYFRANK20 Wrote:  The BLF option is not available from the Provider.

I said BLF - as a generic term - like Kleenex. In fact, I meant MPK or in Yealinks case, DSS Key.

Still not understanding why all the different keys or how they are programmed. You say they are Accounts 2-6. I just do not get why you have/need that many accounts on a phone?
If you do not have a receptionist - perhaps use Ring Groups? (Maybe not available with Provider). Not a big fan of these all in one providers. Much rather buy a Grandstream UCM or other brand appliance and have it on site. The Grandstream 6102 runs about $300 and is quite solid.

RE: Picking up second call Problem - Yealink_Jim - 12-06-2014 09:24 AM

Hi
Would you please let me know what type of the phone and what firmware verson of the phone? you can try to upgrade to the V73 beta version and reset the phone to factory to check if it can solve this issue.