Yealink Forums
T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - rfrantik@rfcinc.com - 03-12-2013 01:15 PM

T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8

From my research it seems that when using the DSS Key Type "Call Park" the T26 phone is doing a Blind Transfer during the park. We use 700 as our call park code.

If I do a Transfer - 700 manually I hear the system read the call park location back to me and the BLF button for Park 701 lights up. Basically it works fine.

If I press the DSS Call Park button (properly programmed with the 700 code) the call gets parked to an "unknown" location.

We run a Multi-Tenant version of Asterisk... so our parking lots are in context as such:

default-tenant1
default-tenant2
default-tenant3

After a little digging it appears that if we manually transfer the call, the call gets parked in default-tenant1 context (or the appropriate tenant to the phone).

If we use the DSS button and Call Park feature the call just gets parked to the "default" context.

It appears this issue has to do with the manner in which Asterisk v1.8 interprets the "blind" call park being done by the Yealink phone. Is there a way to make changes to the method being used by the Call Park DSS button?

Please Advise.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - LinkedIT - 03-19-2013 03:39 AM

Hi

I had this problem with a multi tenant Astersik PBX as well, after many many days of trying all sorts of things, I cange the 700 BLF key to a 'Intercom' BLF is blind tansfer, 'Intercom' is attended transfer

Give it a go, the above works fine for us now !

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - rfrantik@rfcinc.com - 03-19-2013 03:43 AM

Thanks for the follow up. That's kind of the solution I was looking for... but I haven't found a combination that works yet.

I will give the 'Intercom BLF 700' a try and report back.
Thanks.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - rfrantik@rfcinc.com - 03-21-2013 02:14 AM

I was able to set the key 'Type' to 'Intercom'... but I didn't see any options that had 'Intercom BLF' as a choice.

'Value' is set to '700' and 'Line' is set to 'Line 1'

It seems to work fine as long as I use Transfer - Intercom 700 Btn... wait for announcement of park zone... then hit Transfer again to comple the transfer.

So it's a decent shortcut for not having users dial 700 manually, but I can't seem to make it a 1 button park function. What does the user need to do in your scenario to park a call? Thanks for all your help on this.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - Voore - 03-21-2013 11:42 PM

We are useing Astrisk v1.8 with Yealink DSS keys for Park with no issue, make sure thet it set like below
parkinglot_TENANTID]
context => parkedcalls-TENANTID
parkingtime => 180
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-708
findslot =>

That should do it

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - rfrantik@rfcinc.com - 03-22-2013 12:17 AM

This is the config from features.conf:

[parkinglot_tenant]
context => parkedcalls-tenant
parkingtime => 180
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-704
findslot => first

I assume your ommission of the leading "[" and the value for "findslot" was a copy/paste error? Unless leaving the "findslot" value blank helps?

We can park calls without a problem as long as we do a supervised transfer. So I don't think there are any configuration issues with the Asterisk setup.

What can you tell me about the DSS key you use for Park? Key 'type' and 'value' would be great... along with the procedure your users go thru to actually park a call? Thanks for your help.

I have a feeling the real problem is that the yealink phones do a blind transfer when using the 'Call Park' key type and it's a pure redirect so the channel variable to park isn't on that leg of the call.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - Voore - 03-22-2013 12:39 AM

we are using blind transfer option as the method of sending the call to park we have a script that it should not annouce the call i will post i t soon

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - rfrantik@rfcinc.com - 05-16-2013 11:42 PM

Niki, did you ever find that script? Or do we need to use the Transfer button to use the feature? Thanks!

We came back around to testing this today for a new customer. In using a T26 phone with an Asterisk v1.6.2.x server it pretty much works when you use Type = Transfer, Value = 700

While on the call you just press the programmed button and it parks the call... the call seems to stay on your line button a second or two after the park button lights up... but I assume that is the blind transfer sequence completing it's hangup.

So it appears to work as LinkedIT suggested in his post, but I had to use a Type = Transfer.

I will test on v1.8 and report back.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - arcinsurance - 11-26-2013 11:36 PM

My T26p's give me a problem as well, I tried firmware 6.70.0.150 as well as the newest 6.71.0.140. If I transfer to 700 (parking lot) I hear the 701 announcement. If I set a button to park,transfer,etc it just dumps the call to the slot with no announcement. If I set the button to intercom, I hear it but as you said then I have to transfer again. No good.

RE: T26 Park Button problem Asterisk v1.8 - strabuzano - 03-11-2014 09:52 PM

Has this problem been fixed ?
I am running freepbx 2.11.0.24 with asterisk 11.3.0 and cannot find a way to park a call and have the announcement made to the person parking the call and not the callee.

Thanks