Yealink Forums
T46G DSS Key Remote Phone Book Customization - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T46G DSS Key Remote Phone Book Customization (/showthread.php?tid=2817)

T46G DSS Key Remote Phone Book Customization - steve.ot - 11-20-2014 05:15 AM

I could not get the Remote Phone Book generator to work for me (excel errors). I ended up finding a neat tutorial on how to use PHP to generate a remote phone book, by querying the asterisk database.

I setup a DSS key for an XML Group for that remote phone book and it just works. I get an alphabetically sorted list of all my extensions with the following soft keys: Back, Search, Options, Send.

What I would like to know: can you setup your own soft keys?

Specifically, I would like to change "Send" to a sub-menu including: "Dial", "Intercom", "Transfer". That way I can very easily call or intercom internal extensions, or transfer calls to them without having to press too many buttons.

Alternatively, can I create a DSS key for Intercom / Transfer that will add the correct *## prefix when I choose to "send" from the Remote Phone Book?

RE: T46G DSS Key Remote Phone Book Customization - James_Yealink - 11-20-2014 08:41 PM

Hi Steve,

1. Changing "Send" to a sub-menu is not feasible. You can only customize a softkey layout in some specific call status. The configuration is under Setting-> Softkey layout.

2. You can configure a prefix dsskey and a direcotry dsskey. Press the prefix dsskey firstly then press Direcotry dsskey to choose a number. Phone will dial out "prefix+extension"

Regards,
James

RE: T46G DSS Key Remote Phone Book Customization - steve.ot - 11-20-2014 10:40 PM

Thank you, seems to be working just fine.