Yealink Forums
T46G Screensaver Image ? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G Screensaver Image ? (/showthread.php?tid=27442)

Pages: 1 2

T46G Screensaver Image ? - n1cks21 - 09-30-2016 06:19 PM

I have some T46G's, What are the dimensions of the screensaver image? I can see the option to upload an image, and have uploaded a few different screensavers but whichever one I select to use and click "confirm" it changes to "system.jpg" ? HuhHuh

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - finless - 09-30-2016 11:45 PM

I have the same problem. The manual says its the same format as the wallpaper. But I upload it and it always diverts back to system.jpg. In the end after trying different things, it appears this does not work in .130 firmware.

Bob

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - n1cks21 - 10-01-2016 02:17 AM

(09-30-2016 11:45 PM)finless Wrote:  I have the same problem. The manual says its the same format as the wallpaper. But I upload it and it always diverts back to system.jpg. In the end after trying different things, it appears this does not work in .130 firmware.

Bob

Thanks for the reply

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - finless - 10-02-2016 03:52 AM

Well I have not given up. I finally fully figured out the ring tone format. By downloading the ring tone files from Yealink here and looking at the WAV format, I was able to convert any MP3, etc to the proper format so it works.
Wallpaper was pretty easy too.

Now to figure out why the screen saver files do not work. I was hoping Yealink support would jump in here and help! If I figure it out I will update this post.

FYI, be careful messing around with the screen saver! I upload a messed up format and it bricked the phone. I had to send an Email to Yealink for the recovery files. Then had to learn how to setup a T F T P server to recover the phone. They responded same day with the needed info and I got the phone unbricked.

So just be careful.

FYI I love this phone! Using it with callcentric service and all is working great! Been playing with the XML browser stuff too. Massivly FUN Smile

Bob

OK I figured it out!

There are some steps you have to take as well as the proper format.

I found some .jpg files do not work depending on color depth and compression level. Must be a bug that wallpaper does not have.
So I stuck with .png format for the screen saver.
It must be 480x272 with a color depth of 24 bit.

Rules:
Now even though you can upload more than one screen saver image, you cannot select them if there is more than one! It always defaults to system.jpg or the first uploaded one in the list. So to be safe make sure to delete all of the images you uploaded so only system.jpg is listed.

In the web interface select a Screensaver Wait Time FIRST... Yes you must do this for some reason. Leaving it never for some reason won't let you select an image even if you turn off never after. BUG...
Now that you have selected a wait time, click confirm and make sure the system screen saver is coming on.

Now select Screensaver Type and select Upload Picture. Then you will get the BROWSE button. Use that and browse to your .png file and click the upload button. Click confirm again! You need to do this for some reason to show it is uploaded... odd but you do.

Now this is the important part! Wait for the screen saver to come on the phone screen (it will be the system.jpg) while that is showing leave the Upload Picture selection set and use the pulldown to select the file you just uploaded. Then click CONFIRM at the bottom of the page.

BOOM you will see the screen saver image then change to what you uploaded Smile
When the Web GUI returns it will still say "system.jpg". Do not worry about this. It is another Web GUI bug.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Bob

UPDATE for multiple uploads of screen saver images.

Turns out you CAN select one from the list but to do it your have to turn off upload and set to system. Click confirm. Then set back to upload and select the image. Click confirm. Seems sometimes I have to do this twice for it to take.

BUT a cool feature!!!! If you upload multiple images each time the screen saver kicks in, it walks through the list of them. So if you have say 4 images it starts with 1, next screen saver start it's 2, and so on.... Love that Smile

Bob

Update #3....

Actually if you upload more than one image and they must be the same type, the screen saver will cycle through all of them Smile

Just found that out waiting long enough!

Bob

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - n1cks21 - 10-03-2016 05:15 PM

Thanks for all the replies sadly I am failing at stage one, following your instructions no matter what I do my image wont display on my phone? any chance you could upload an image that works for you? it would help me diagnose the problem, because currently I am not 100% sure it's not my images causing me the problems.

Cheers
Nick

********* Update *************

I have attached the two images I have been playing with, it's the same image with different extensions, I have also tried a grey scaled version of the image with no joy.
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - finless - 10-03-2016 09:18 PM

Your PNG looks fine to me.
You are on the latest firmware .130?

Here is one I am using fine.

Bob

I just added your PNG to my screen saver list and it works fine for me.
Screen shot attached.

Bob

I added 2 more screen shots of my Web GUI settings screen.

Bob

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - n1cks21 - 10-03-2016 09:56 PM

(10-03-2016 09:18 PM)finless Wrote:  Your PNG looks fine to me.
You are on the latest firmware .130?

Here is one I am using fine.

Bob

I just added your PMG to my screen saver list and it works fine for me.

Bob

yeah T46G 28.80.0.130

ok I have an update on this, I have tried several ways now, using your steps with your image and mine, I have tried different ways with your image and mine with no joy at all.

HOWEVER

it's now working for me as expected, it doesn't matter if your screensaver is on or not, when you click upload it uploads and works it does say system.jpg but it works, if your current screensaver is on the phone as you click upload it replaces it instantly. I don't have to keep clicking "confirm"

whats different ? well I have been trying with google chrome once I changed to firefox it worked as expected, I still cant make it work in chrome and not tried IE yet.

bob what browser are you using ?

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - finless - 10-04-2016 12:02 PM

Ah maybe that's it... I have been using I.E. not Chrome.
I will try Chrome myself tonight and see if I have the same issue.

BUT as I said above it always says system.img even when you change it and click confirm. I stressed that above. But like you said, once you upload an image and it appears in the pulldown list, it works.

Bob

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - n1cks21 - 10-04-2016 04:09 PM

(10-04-2016 12:02 PM)finless Wrote:  BUT as I said above it always says system.img even when you change it and click confirm. I stressed that above.

agreed, I was just pointing out even with Firefox it does the same.

Thanks for all the help, the next step is to get it to work through autoprovision, I currently don't have the time to upload a few images via web interface to over 100 phones, for me to use this great feature I need it to work like my background through autoprovision, which I don't think is possible, I have already found out from a previous post that setting the screensaver wait time is completely different from what the web interface tells you, the web interface says:-

Quote:Description:
It configures the screen saver wait time the IP phone.
CFG Configuration:
phone_setting.screen_saver_wait_time
Valid Value:
(The permitted values o~1800)

the actual cfg configuration isn't "phone_setting.screen_saver_wait_time" is in actual fact "screensaver.wait_time"

so I have no idea what the other settings should or could be?

Cheers
Nick

RE: T46G Screensaver Image ? - finless - 10-05-2016 09:20 PM

Can't help there. I am not using auto provision as my phone is just for home use so I am not rolling out phones.

Good luck! Emailing support seems to work as I got a response on a different question.

Bob