Yealink Forums
Excessively loud side-tone in some calls - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Excessively loud side-tone in some calls (/showthread.php?tid=2742)

Excessively loud side-tone in some calls - brady - 11-10-2014 01:20 PM

Hi All,
We set up a dozen t28p's in our office a few months ago and have noticed that some calls have very loud side-tone (almost the same volume as we said it).

I have played around with the settings but cannot seem to pinpoint what is causing this..

The issue is a little better with the volume turned down on the handset and when on speakerphone.
We have also checked recordings on the PBX itself and the calls are crystal clear, no echo is present.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we should be looking at?
Is there any way to disable sidetone on these phones?

RE: Excessively loud side-tone in some calls - Wilson_Yealink - 11-10-2014 04:33 PM

Hi brady,

Please try below steps:
1. Access to web gui->Settings->Voice tab, set value of ECHO to enabled.

2. We have a feature named Side Tone(side tone is the feature that you speak then you can hear your own voice less than 12ms), this feature can be disabled via below autop command:
Code:
#!version:1.0.0.1
#Configure the volume of the side tone. It ranges from -48 to 0, the default value is -3.
voice.side_tone=

For more information, please refer to the auto guide.
Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72_30

thanks

RE: Excessively loud side-tone in some calls - brady - 11-10-2014 04:45 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.
Echo is already enabled, I will try pushing out voice.side_tone option to my test phone tomorrow.
I did not see it in the provisioning guide, what does the value range represent?

I did find an older manual that says it can be turned off completely with a different value?
http://www.poisetechnology.com/newsPDF/Auto%20Provision%20Manual%20version%201.2.2.pdf
"It is an invisible setting which can only be
configured via auto provision.
-32768 stands for Disable Side tone.
-3 stands for Enable Side tone.
The default is -3"