Yealink Forums
T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning (/showthread.php?tid=2638)

T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - KristianMedK - 10-27-2014 03:53 PM

Scenario is:

phone autoprovisions contacts among other settings.

i manualle create contacts.

when the phone autoprovisions again, the contacts i manualle created are removed IF there's changes in the xml file i link to in the new configurations.

It didn't matter if the xml had changed by having less or more contacts defined.

Can i do anything to avoid removing all contacts not in the xml when there's changes to it?

EDIT:
Is it intended behaviour deleting existing contacts prior to loading new ones doing provisioning?

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Coco_Yealink - 10-29-2014 03:32 PM

Hello ,

Thank you for your feedback.
The result of this feature is by designed.
So, if you have new contact who need to add to the Directory , why not just add the corrsponding syntaxes in the existing xml files, and then autoP again ?
And if you want to remove the contact from the Directory, you also can remove the corresponding syntaxes from the existing xml files, and then autoP again ?

Best Regards

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - CWR - 10-30-2014 02:54 AM

The directory is often controlled by a server.
You should not remove local contacts during provisioning. They should only be removed by Factory Reset.

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Coco_Yealink - 10-30-2014 03:08 PM

Hello ,

I will feedback this question to our Product Department , and they will assess this feature and decide whether to add it in our next version or not.

Thx

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - KristianMedK - 11-03-2014 08:05 PM

as craigreilly mentioned the xml from autoP is on a server not controlled by the end customer, and the local contacts was an addition by the end customer.

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Coco_Yealink - 11-10-2014 04:52 PM

Before we have a good solution, could you please
1.export the existing contact.xml from the phone.
2.Add the new contact to the existing contact.xml

And I have feedback your application to our Product Department. And still wait for their reply .

Thx

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - KristianMedK - 11-12-2014 05:32 PM

Will do, looking forward to a reply from Product Department.

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - KristianMedK - 12-02-2014 03:00 PM

Any news on this?

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Coco_Yealink - 12-02-2014 06:12 PM

Hello KristianMedK,

Sorry for the late. Smile
Our Product Department has planned to add this feature in V81.

Thx

RE: T48 removes existing contacts when provisioning - Fuur - 02-04-2016 10:08 PM

When is V81 scheduled for release?