Yealink Forums
Message indicator for different extension - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Message indicator for different extension (/showthread.php?tid=2635)

Message indicator for different extension - Jeff - 10-27-2014 02:14 AM

Is there a way to have a MWI lamp/button on a phone (in this case Yealink T38g) that will indicate if there is a message for a different extension and ideally be able to access that VM?

For instance: An administrative assistant needs to be able to see if there are any messages for a certain user and listen to those messages from his/her phone with a push of a button.

I am aware that setting up email notifications is a workaround but that is not really what I'm after.

Thanks for any help.

(Using 3CX)

RE: Message indicator for different extension - Wilson_Yealink - 10-27-2014 05:32 PM

Hi Jeff,

Do you mean your requirement is like below:
You want to have a lamp o the phone keypad can indicate while there are voice mail coming, Then the assistant can press this button to access to the voice mail and play it? Am I correct?
If not, would you please explain it more detailed?
If yes, I suppose the T38 has supported it. Because the content is too many, I am not convenient to attach it for you. So please refer to the user guide of T38, I think it has described the detailed operations about it. You can download it from below link, begin at page 107.

SIP-T38G_User_Guide

thanks

RE: Message indicator for different extension - BrettB - 10-27-2014 11:49 PM

(10-27-2014 02:14 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Is there a way to have a MWI lamp/button on a phone (in this case Yealink T38g) that will indicate if there is a message for a different extension and ideally be able to access that VM?

(Using 3CX)

I'm not familiar with 3CX, but with Asterisk and FreePBX, you can use a BLF to monitor a voicemail box and allow access the box by pressing the DSS key. It's works quite well!

RE: Message indicator for different extension - Jeff - 10-30-2014 01:16 AM

(10-27-2014 11:49 PM)BrettB Wrote:  I'm not familiar with 3CX, but with Asterisk and FreePBX, you can use a BLF to monitor a voicemail box and allow access the box by pressing the DSS key. It's works quite well!

Did you implement that through the Yealink interface? If so could you provide me with instructions?

RE: Message indicator for different extension - BrettB - 10-30-2014 01:27 AM

(10-30-2014 01:16 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 11:49 PM)BrettB Wrote:  I'm not familiar with 3CX, but with Asterisk and FreePBX, you can use a BLF to monitor a voicemail box and allow access the box by pressing the DSS key. It's works quite well!

Did you implement that through the Yealink interface? If so could you provide me with instructions?

In the Yealink phone, you just configure it as a BLF for "extension" "*98100" (for general voicemail box 100). But it works because our phone system creates the BLF subscription for that "special extension" and dialing that number logs into the voicemail box 100. So your phone system has to support it.

RE: Message indicator for different extension - Wilson_Yealink - 11-03-2014 04:30 PM

Thanks fo your share, BrettB. I think so that the system has to support it.