Yealink Forums
set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id (/showthread.php?tid=2570)

set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id - olegk - 10-16-2014 08:48 PM

Hello.

We use different tftp servers for different purposes. And in dhcp (MS dhcp server) in option 66 we set one tftp server, but for phones we need set another tftp server. We tryed use vendor-id (option 60) in dhcp server, define vendor class and option 66 for this class. Now in reply to yealink dhcp request server send answer with option 43, in which encapsulated option 66 with address of tftp server. But phone ignored it and don't use this server. If we set address of tftp server directly in option 43 (not in encapsulated to option 43 option 66) - this worked and phone used this tftp server.

How we can set right tftp server for yealink phones, based on option 60 in dhcp request and other tftp server for all other devices without option 60?

RE: set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id - Lucas1 - 10-20-2014 02:54 PM

Hi olegk,

Nice to contact you.
sorry,we can't accept option 60 with tftp server,but we accept Custom Option (128~254) field with tftp server.

Yealink IP phones support obtaining the provisioning server address in the following and the priority is as follows: Zero Touch-->PnP Server-->DHCP Options (Custom option-->option 66-->option 43) -->Phone Flash.

Which model do you use, I attach the Administrator Guide (all model can refer to it) ,please refer to page 32 of Administrator Guide "DHCP options",thank you.

(10-20-2014 02:54 PM)Yealink_Lucas Wrote:  Hi olegk,

Nice to contact you.
sorry,we can't accept option 60 with tftp server,but we accept Custom Option (128~254) field with tftp server.

Yealink IP phones support obtaining the provisioning server address in the following and the priority is as follows: Zero Touch-->PnP Server-->DHCP Options (Custom option-->option 66-->option 43) -->Phone Flash.

Which model do you use, I upload the Administrator Guide"Yealink_SIP-T2xP_and_SIP-T19P_IP_Phone_Family_Administrator_Guide_V72_30" (all model can refer to it) to FTP ,please refer to page 32 of Administrator Guide "DHCP options",thank you.

ftp://Lucas:28X3Dg6Q@ftp.yealink.com/Administrator_Guide/

RE: set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id - olegk - 10-20-2014 04:02 PM

(10-20-2014 02:54 PM)Yealink_Lucas Wrote:  Hi olegk,

Nice to contact you.

Which model do you use, I attach the Administrator Guide (all model can refer to it) ,please refer to page 32 of Administrator Guide "DHCP options",thank you.

Hi, Lucas.

I do not need, that the phone proccess option 60, I need, that the dhcp server correct replied to request with option 60 and sent reply in option 43->suboption 66 and phone correctly proccess it. In some experiments I get result:
1. Phone take reply from dhcp server with option 66 (1'st dhcp server, wrong) and with option 43->suboption 66 (2'sn tftp server, correct)
2. Phone try get configs from 1'st tftp server, where was no configs. Failed.
3. Phone try get configs from 2'nd tftp server and success.

That is what I want.

Thank you for help.

RE: set provisioning tftp server in dhcp answer with use vendor-id - Lucas1 - 10-20-2014 06:57 PM

Hi olegk,

Nice to contact you.
Sorry, we can't support what your want.Confused
So please check the way we provide, thank you.