Yealink Forums
W52 handsets wont charge - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: W52 handsets wont charge (/showthread.php?tid=2558)

W52 handsets wont charge - provalia - 10-15-2014 07:22 PM

Hi guys

I have some issues with my W52 handsets, I have 2 of them and neither one detect when is on charging cradle. I put new firmware for handset 26.73.0.10 and newest for base 26.73.0.20. I even tried with older FW for handset like 26.30.0.40 and nothing happened.

Devices are new and never used before, they are registered on base.
I desperately tried to change ECO modes but no change occurred. Battery icon on display shows red and empty state even on charging cradle.

Any suggestions?

BR

RE: W52 hansets wont charge - Coco_Yealink - 10-16-2014 04:54 PM

Hi provalia,

In order to better locate the issue, could you please help to check as below shown:
1.Could you please help to check wether the charging cradle is power on . ( there is a green light in the front of charging cradle when it power on.)
2.Does the handset light and have a short beep at the moment when it put on the charging cradle. It can help us to judge whether the handset can match with the charge cradle..
3.Could you please help to exchange the battery , and test whether it can charge or not. Please refer to the below pic which give recommended batteries.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1080]
Thx
Best Regards

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - provalia - 10-17-2014 05:42 PM

Thank You for reply.

(10-16-2014 04:54 PM)Yealink_Coco Wrote:  Hi provalia,

In order to better locate the issue, could you please help to check as below shown:
1.Could you please help to check wether the charging cradle is power on . ( there is a green light in the front of charging cradle when it power on.)

2.Does the handset light and have a short beep at the moment when it put on the charging cradle. It can help us to judge whether the handset can match with the charge cradle..
No there is no light even with new cradle from new product, but when I connect other PSU-PowerSupplyUnit from T2x series phones (it is a little bit stronger than this PSU for dect phones) LED light shows up and I can hear short beep when handset is on cradle and handset started charging. So I think this is problem with original PSU or cradle.
But earlier (2-3months ago) I used same PSU on other dect hendsets and they worked very good, there's no charging problem like this.

Quote:3.Could you please help to exchange the battery , and test whether it can charge or not. Please refer to the below pic which give recommended batteries.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1080]
Thx
Best Regards

I used yellow BPI rechargeable AAA 800mAh 1.2V NIMH batteries that came with device, don't have other one to try.

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - Coco_Yealink - 10-20-2014 09:02 AM

According to your description, the issue is caused from original PSU or cradle. So, if the question happened after you unbox the products, then you can contact the people who you got the DECT from.

Thx

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - YLinfodom - 11-07-2014 06:49 PM

For information,

I upgraded, few months ago, handsets firmware from 26.30.x.x to 26.50.0.20 (via USB), and for all upgraded handset, batteries died !

Handsets were used for weeks, and batteries have well functioned just before upgrade.
Handsets were on charging craddle when upgrading.
Upgrades from differents computers, and using differents cradles, with w52p-flasher 4.11.0.1.exe

YL

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - Coco_Yealink - 11-10-2014 05:11 PM

Hello

Could you please upgrade both base and handset to V73 ? And to test whether the issue still exist ?
All W52P in your side have the died batteries after upgrading ?
So , could you pelease tell me how you use the DECT now in your side ?

Thx

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - YLinfodom - 11-28-2014 03:37 PM

Hi Yealink_Coco,

I don't want to upgrade to V73, because it's not validate by 3CX, so I stay in V71.

Yes, about 10 of W52P have died batteries after upgrading, until I understoud what's happening.
I change the died batteries and now it works... but not pretty much : customers need to let the W52P on charge cradle, because W52P batteries are empty before end of each working day without charging them (average : 2 hours of communication).

Regards,
Yannick

RE: W52 handsets wont charge - complex1 - 11-28-2014 08:42 PM

YLinfodom Wrote:I don't want to upgrade to V73, because it's not validate by 3CX, so I stay in V71.
This is your choice but your statement is not true. At the 3CX website you can read:

Step 1: Verify the Firmware Installed on Your Base Station and Register the Handset(s)
Verify the firmware version currently installed on the Yealink DECT Base Station. To do this:
5. Go to the Yealink Support Website and download the latest firmware for your phone.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

In this case version 73 is the latest firmware, not v71.

Besides I am running also 3CX v12 and W52P v73 without any problem.