Yealink Forums
Wired headset W52H. SUCCESS ! - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Wired headset W52H. SUCCESS ! (/showthread.php?tid=2536)

Wired headset W52H. SUCCESS ! - michael.gath - 10-10-2014 07:49 AM

This is just a general announcement for a successful connection using a Plantronics
M214C. At $16 @ Best Buy I can now move about my office and be hands free. This is just a simple over the head, wired (2.5mm angle male plug), mono headset with a very solid boom mic. No special software or buttons. It does have an inline control to mute and adjust volume. After one test call, the callers volume is very adequate.

I haven't abandon my quest to adapt the W52H to use a wireless headset. Several calls to Jabra, they claim the "Motion Office" type should work with the W52H via a 2.5mm x RJ9 adapter cord. But at $200, I'll wait for someone else to confirm it works. Plantronics was no help. From my research, it seems the adapter cord is offered in many configuration depending how the 2.5mm female port is wired. Apparently, the 2.5 was originally designed for audio out and not voice in. That's why you read several confusing post in this form questioning IF the W52H can handle voice in. Heck, I think I remember Yealink said it didn't support voice in.
So... I can confirm it does work.
Maybe if YEALINK could supply detailed information about how the port is wired it would make our quest much easier.

RE: Wired headset W52H. SUCCESS ! - Wilson_Yealink - 10-10-2014 01:50 PM

Thank you very much for you share this information. We will select similar requirement and submit your suggestion to our product department. Smile

RE: Wired headset W52H. SUCCESS ! - justingoldberg - 08-13-2019 03:33 PM

(10-10-2014 07:49 AM)michael.gath Wrote:  snipped

A general FYI,

if there's three connectors on the 2.5mm or 3.5mm connector, then it has audio in and out (ground, in, out). Two only provides mono output (ground, out)