Yealink Forums
Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls (/showthread.php?tid=2529)

Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - macbeto - 10-08-2014 11:03 PM

Hi,

I have an Elastix 2.4 and I have installed Yealink T28P phones. When this phone answers a call and somebody makes a call to that phone instead ringing the Yealink the caller is send to the voicemail.
I would like to have multiple lines button in the Yealink and the ability to handle several calls at the same time.
Is that possible? how I have to setup Elastix or the Yealink phone for that purpose?

Many thanks. I am a bit lost in this issue.

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - Wilson_Yealink - 10-09-2014 02:19 PM

Hi macbeto,

yes, Yealink phones support call waiting feature. Please enter phone menu->Features->Call waiting, enabled this feature. Press save button to save the change.
If you have enabled call waiting feature but it can't work, you need to enable it in the Elastix server firstly. Because the priority of PBX server is higher than phone. If you don't know how to set it, please ask for your pbx service provider for help, I think they will be so glad to help you. Smile

thanks

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - macbeto - 10-09-2014 11:25 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.
From my point of view I think call waiting is not perfect, I explain myseft:

-If i configure 3 line buttons with the same account in my phone I will see 3 different lines with the same extension number, but this only is useful to make calls because you always receive calls to the same line, and if I am talking through this line the second incoming call will go to the voicemail.

-If i configure call waiting for incoming calls If I am busy with a call the second one will go to the phone (not to the voicemail) but to the same line that I have the first call, so I will need to hold the first call to answer the second, and if a third call comes in will be a nightmare to control three calls in the same line (furthermore having 3 different buttons with lines)

My question is can I use the configuration of the 3 accounts with the same setup and the first incoming call will go to the first line, the second to the second and so for?

Thanks

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - lilarry - 10-11-2014 01:02 PM

>>>My question is can I use the configuration of the 3 accounts with the same setup and the first incoming call will go to the first line, the second to the second and so for?<<<

I have the same question as "macbeto". Indeed, as a reseller we sell a lot of Grandstream IP phones primarily because of the ease of facilitating multiple oncoming calls (rollover/hunt etc) on their multiple line phones. I almost positive it can be done with Yealink but we've thus far been unable to figure out how to make it work on the T26P test units we have here (running the latest firmware). If we could do this we'd gladly add Yealink to the products we sell.

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - Wilson_Yealink - 10-11-2014 04:15 PM

Hi macbeto/lilarry,

Thanks for your attention to Yealink products.
According to macbeto describing and I test it in my side. The V73 beta version firmware of T28 has supported it. Pleae try below steps:
1. Upgrade the firmware to V73 beta version. You can get the firmware from this announcement.
V73 Beta2 Version Firmware And Release Notes of Version 73 Release

2. Don't register the same extension on 3 account. For example, you have a extension 4565. You need to register the extesion 4565 to accout1, then point the line key2 and line key3 to line1. Just like below pictures.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1058]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1057]

After setting these configurations, first call is coming, the line key1 will flash. The second call to the line key2 and so for.

Any doubt, please let me know. Smile

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - macbeto - 10-13-2014 07:50 PM

Yealink_Wilson,

Thank you very much for the implementation. It works for me!!!!!
Do you know when will be official this firmware version, instead the beta?
Regards.

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - lilarry - 10-14-2014 11:03 AM

Got it. Looks like Call Waiting must be set to "enabled" for this to work.

RE: Yealink T28P handling multiple incoming calls - Wilson_Yealink - 10-27-2014 11:18 AM

Hi macbeto,

Nice to hear that it can work in your side.
If there is no delay, we will release the V73 official version in the middle of November.

thanks