Yealink Forums
T28 call waiting notify - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T28 call waiting notify (/showthread.php?tid=2503)

T28 call waiting notify - rebelscum - 09-30-2014 11:27 PM

Hi, our Yealink T28 phones have call waiting enabled, with call waiting tone enabled too. The incoming call tone & display message both work fine for the person receiving the call.
However, the person making the call (internally, from one extension to another) receives no notification that the person being dialed is on another call - instead it just rings and rings.
Is there an audible or visual way of notifying the caller that the recipient is busy but aware of the incoming call?
Thanks,

RE: T28 call waiting notify - Wilson_Yealink - 10-10-2014 08:12 PM

Hi rebelscum,

Sorry for I can't understand your meaning clearly. Do you mean you scenario is like below?
1. A enabled the call waiting and call waiting tone.
2. B call A, A answer it.
3. C call A, A just rings but no notification on the LCD screen.
If not, could you please describe your operations and issue more detailed?
If yes, what is the display on screen when you make second call to A?

thanks

RE: T28 call waiting notify - MiKeDaDoC - 04-25-2015 05:24 AM

Hello,

I got exactly the same question. The Scenario is like this:

(T46G and 3CX PBX)

1. A enabled the call waiting and call waiting tone.
2. B call A, A answer it.
3. C call A, A's got the notification on the screen that there is a second call, so far, so good
4. C can't know that A is in a call, for C got a normal ringing and no Information that it's call is the second call on A

Is there any way to inform C in the T46G display about being the second call on A?

Let me know if I have to make it any clearer.

THX

RE: T28 call waiting notify - keepittidy - 10-19-2015 09:17 PM

I have the same issue as MiKeDaDoC, was this issue ever resolved??

Thanks

Richard

RE: T28 call waiting notify - James_Yealink - 10-20-2015 01:30 PM

For internal calls(extension to extension), BLF can be used to monitor the status of callee.

For external calls, there is no a good method to know the status of other side. The oehter side should tell the status firstly.

RE: T28 call waiting notify - keepittidy - 10-20-2015 03:38 PM

(10-20-2015 01:30 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  For internal calls(extension to extension), BLF can be used to monitor the status of callee.

For external calls, there is no a good method to know the status of other side. The ohter side should tell the status firstly.

Thanks James,

My situation is for internal to internal (extension to extension) but i don't think BLF will work for my situation. What i need is for example:

a) Extension 100 calls extension 200
b) 200 is on a call already
c) I would like an indication that ext 200 is on the call rather than it just ringing and me assuming they are not in.

I know i could setup BLF between the 2 extensions but i would like this to work if i called ANY extension in the building, so too many to setup BLF.

I expected something like a different ringtone in my ear or a message on screen to say i am "call waiting" and the other person is talking to someone already.

Thanks again

Richard