Yealink Forums
T42G and T48G handset audio problems - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T42G and T48G handset audio problems (/showthread.php?tid=2460)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: T42G and T48G handset audio problems - nicknomo - 08-10-2016 11:00 PM

Hi, I was checking for an update on this as well, and I see my old thread has been deleted.

I am curious for the reason for this. I am confused as to why this was never released into the commercial releases, even as an optional setting.

For the last couple years, I've been trailing far behind in firmware... The phones have worked awesome, but I'm just a little upset I can't just pop in the new release and test it out if I'm deploying a new system.

RE: T42G and T48G handset audio problems - rd51 - 08-28-2016 06:35 AM

T48G with 35.80.0.130 firmware still has the problem. Anything above around 800Hz is almost non-existant. This problem is VERY annoying. Angry

RE: T46G handset audio problems - Mark2 - 03-21-2017 06:10 PM

I have a customer with only T46 phones. The acoustic quality on the handsets is very poor. The treble is low and the bass is accentuated. The customer is complaining that they can't understand the caller. Is there any fix for this? I've already contacted tech support/sales engineering at Star2Star and they don't have any fixes.

(09-24-2014 01:26 AM)Clevelander Wrote:  The T42G and T48G exhibit the exact same audio issues as the T46G, which was discussed at length (and a temporary patch created) here: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1779

In short, the audio from the handset/receiver port has the highs muted and the lows accentuated. It makes it hard to understand many people. But, if you plug the handset/receiver into the headset port, you get a very normal sounding audio experience. Both ports should produce the same audio, and it should sound like the headset audio.

How do we get this addressed for the T42G and the T48G?

RE: T46G handset audio problems - complex1 - 03-21-2017 06:53 PM

(03-21-2017 06:10 PM)Mark2 Wrote:  I have a customer with only T46 phones. The acoustic quality on the handsets is very poor. The treble is low and the bass is accentuated. The customer is complaining that they can't understand the caller. Is there any fix for this? I've already contacted tech support/sales engineering at Star2Star and they don't have any fixes.

(09-24-2014 01:26 AM)Clevelander Wrote:  The T42G and T48G exhibit the exact same audio issues as the T46G, which was discussed at length (and a temporary patch created) here: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1779

In short, the audio from the handset/receiver port has the highs muted and the lows accentuated. It makes it hard to understand many people. But, if you plug the handset/receiver into the headset port, you get a very normal sounding audio experience. Both ports should produce the same audio, and it should sound like the headset audio.

Hi Mark,

Are all the phones running on the latest firmware v28.81.0.70
http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2017-3-14%2F6%2F5ed5c60a-ca9d-44dd-a97f-c0acbd1731f0%2FT46-28.81.0.70.zip

How many T46G phone does your customer have and how many have this issue?
Did you try to reset the phones to factory default?

RE: T46G handset audio problems - Mark2 - 03-21-2017 07:20 PM

Customer has (18) T46G phones, new installation about 45 days ago. Several users are complaining about same problem. I would assume the firmware is current since recently installed. Did this latest firmware v28.81.0.70 come out in the last couple months?
No we didn't factory default the phones.
I can get my tech to check these if you think it will make a difference.

(03-21-2017 06:53 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 06:10 PM)Mark2 Wrote:  I have a customer with only T46 phones. The acoustic quality on the handsets is very poor. The treble is low and the bass is accentuated. The customer is complaining that they can't understand the caller. Is there any fix for this? I've already contacted tech support/sales engineering at Star2Star and they don't have any fixes.

Hi Mark,

http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2017-3-14%2F6%2F5ed5c60a-ca9d-44dd-a97f-c0acbd1731f0%2FT46-28.81.0.70.zip

RE: T42G and T48G handset audio problems - Mark2 - 03-21-2017 07:22 PM

Customer has (18) T46G phones, new installation about 45 days ago. Several users are complaining about same problem. I would assume the firmware is current since recently installed. Did this latest firmware v28.81.0.70 come out in the last couple months?

Hi Mark,

RE: T46G handset audio problems - complex1 - 03-21-2017 07:43 PM

(03-21-2017 07:20 PM)Mark2 Wrote:  Customer has (18) T46G phones, new installation about 45 days ago. Several users are complaining about same problem. I would assume the firmware is current since recently installed. Did this latest firmware v28.81.0.70 come out in the last couple months?

Hi Mark,

Hi,

As you probably know is the best solution to run the latest available firmware.
Yealink phones, and all other devices, who are leaving a factory are supplied with the available firmware for that moment. This will certainly not guaranty that it will run on the latest firmware at the moment you buy and install the phones.
That’s why I ask if the phones are running the latest firmware.

For the phones who have this issue… 1) please upgrade the firmware if necessary, 2) factory default the phones and 3) try again.

RE: T42G and T48G handset audio problems - Nimesh - 04-25-2017 12:52 PM

Hello,

I have 40 T42G's deployed and where this quality issue isn't too big for internal calls (as the codec and clarity is good), when people are talking to external callers via a PSTN gateway, the low treble and high bass is causing a problem especially when talking to male people. The staff are struggling to understand what they're saying.

Initially I was putting the blame on the PSTN gateway but now after reading these comments from people, the phones definitely aren't helping the case.

Reading on the 3CX forum, a modification to an older V80 firmware was done for somebody with satisfactory results - can't the Yealink staff deploy the same fixes to the current latest firmware? 29.81.0.70, as this is the current supported firmware of 3CX. The fix was deployed in version 29.80.0.202.

Otherwise we will have no choice but to move to another phone manufacturer. The department are already testing other phones to see whether clarity can be improved. Personally I like the Yealink phones and would rather we're able to keep them in play.

Thanks.

RE: T42G and T48G handset audio problems - JamesKP - 08-01-2017 07:08 PM

I believe I've found what the issue is....and you're not going to like it.

It's the actual handset itself, or rather, the microphone within it.

I'm a new customer and have purchased 18 T48G's and we all immediately noticed how calls sound muffled to one another, and for people outside, they could tell we sounded bad. My friend told me he would describe it as I sounded "nasally".

Well on my desk I still had my old NEC landline phone that we are replacing and it dawned on me...unplug the handset of the T48G, and plug in the handset on this 20year old or more phone...and sure enough, he said he had to turn up his volume on his cell phone as I was lower, but he said instant improvement and sounded like a land line again.

Go figure. So take it for what it's worth, if you have an old landline phone somewhere that sounded great back in the day, try it on the T48G and give it a try.

This obviously isn't a solution, but there might not be a solution besides avoiding this phone, or if there is a headset from another phone/make/model that fits the mold of this phone and sounds better.

Anyways, that's what I've found. It's not config settings on the phone, it's not firewall settings, and it's nothing imo that firmware can fix. I did update to latest firmware, change config with Vonage techs, etc. It's the microphone hardware I'm sad to say imo.

James