Yealink Forums
BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FAQs etc (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: V73 Official Firmware (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st (/showthread.php?tid=2430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - James_Yealink - 01-15-2015 11:43 AM

Sorry, currenlty don't have the time.
As I know the V80 firmware will be available in Q2 this year. May have a time frame of V81 after the release of V80.

Regards,
James

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - tsukraw - 02-02-2015 05:14 AM

bsanders
On your 3CX server go to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone
There is a fill called cti_template.xml
Right click and edit it.
Look for this line. (Be sure you find the one for with the T4x phones....
<supportedmodels>
<ua>SIP-T41P</ua>
<ua>SIP-T42G</ua>
<ua>SIP-T46G</ua>
<ua>SIP-T48G</ua>
</supportedmodels>

<cticommands delim=";">
<option value="make_call">http://%%deskphone_useraccount%%:%%deskphone_password%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/servlet?key=%%dialled_number%%;ENTER</option>
<option value="answer_call">http://%%deskphone_useraccount%%:%%deskphone_password%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/servlet?key=OK</option>

Take the line for answer_call and delete the URL address.
SO it should look like this.
<cticommands delim=";">
<option value="make_call">http://%%deskphone_useraccount%%:%%deskphone_password%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/servlet?key=%%dialled_number%%;ENTER</option>
<option value="answer_call"></option>

This will prevent CTI from sending the OK command to the phone triggering an answer. The side effect is that it will no longer trigger an answer in any state with CTI. Normally not a issue since not a lot of people use CTI to answer the phone but they do use CTI to dial and transfer.

Does that help?
Also note if you apply this work around if you do a SP or version upgrade you might have to reapply.

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - bsanders - 02-03-2015 01:53 AM

tsukraw,

Thanks for the info. I will keep it handy if more end-users report it. Right now only a few have discovered this and have since been advised "what not to do".

thanks.

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - chadgross - 02-10-2015 12:58 AM

Has anyone else seen this issue without multiple calls?

I've witnessed first-hand two instances in our office where an incoming call is auto-answered by a phone - in both instances there were no other active calls on the system, and the user who's phone auto-answered was out of the office with their PC logged off (so no 3CX Phone for Windows / CTI running against the phone that auto-answered).

The majority of our 3CX deployments are running the T46G exclusively at all extensions, and we haven't had any reports of this issue from the bulk of our customers. However the last system we just installed in December has been having such a bad experience they were almost ready to have us take the system out. We've worked around it by simply removing the 3CX Phone for Windows from their PCs. However the behavior we saw at that client doesn't seem to directly match what NickyBrg is saying. One of their project managers reported that his phone would randomly auto-answer inbound calls to the company's main number. The interesting part is that those calls are routed to a ring group that this person is not a member of, and this person's phone was idle (no active / held calls) when this happened. He's just working along not doing anything with his phone and all of the sudden an inbound caller is on his speakerphone. This same customer also reported having an inbound call somehow get auto-answered / connected to their primary paging group (so the inbound caller was saying "Hello?" over all phone speakers & shop PA horns).

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - tsukraw - 02-10-2015 12:34 PM

I have actually seen this before! and i think it might still be linked to CTI?

On the phone web UI under Features/Remote Control/Action URI allow IP List we changed this from ANY to Deny and it stopped happening.

We just did this across the board with the customer we saw it happening at on all there phones and the issue went away. We have only seen this at one customer so not sure what is special about there install. Or at least it has been just one customer who reported this type of issue.

I still think CTI is somehow being triggered by the phone system or something. It was so random we couldn't get a capture of the issue happening but it was obvious that random calls were auto answering.

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - bobdigby - 03-02-2015 07:48 PM

Hi everyone,

We have also experienced the very occasional problem with a phone (mainly the T46G but also T19p) auto answering as @chadgross and @tsukraw has mentioned above. Same environment of 3CX and 3CX softphone with CTI running on computer.

Does anyone know if the latest firmware for the T46G has solved this issue?

I am just about to make the changes to the CTI template as @tsukraw recommended but wanted to know before I do this if the problem is now sorted do you know?

Thanks

Bob

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - tsukraw - 03-02-2015 10:39 PM

The .48 firmware for the T46 does not resolve the issue.
The problem isn't really the Yealink phone its the fact that the 3CX software sends a answer command to the phone. So the phone is doing what it is told.

Hopefully 3CX will resolve the issue soon. It is very annoying.

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - bobdigby - 03-03-2015 06:24 AM

Thanks tsukraw, is 3CX aware of the issue do you know?

Are you running 3CX 12.5 and still having this issue or are you still on 12?

Cheers

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - tsukraw - 05-03-2015 12:50 AM

3CX is still sticking to this is by design which i cant think of a possible reason why anyone would want this feature. I had just talked to them about it a couple weeks ago again. But with as many tickets/forum views this issue has had i couldn't image they would leave this functionality this way.
Yes i am running version 12.5 we just modify the CTI template file on every install to prevent the issues.

Guess we will see if it has been corrected once service pack 2 releases.

RE: BUG?:3CXPhone CTI triggers auto answer on second call when parking 1st - bsanders - 01-08-2016 01:31 AM

It has been awhile since this issue has been reported to our team but one of our executives had this happen to them today.

Still running 3CX v12.0 SP6.2, Yealink T46G with FW

Anyone make progress with this or success with later versions of 3CX (v14 SP2)?

thanks