Yealink Forums
T46G - built in dynamic DNS function - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Video Collaboration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: VP530 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: T46G - built in dynamic DNS function (/showthread.php?tid=2376)

T46G - built in dynamic DNS function - AndyInNYC - 09-09-2014 01:08 AM

I register to 4 different SIP accounts from my phone - only 1 of them can be registered using the OpenVPN function of the phone.

Since the phone may travel, that means the non-OpenVPN systems need to know what my phone's public IP address is. We use white lists to allow registration - as the phone moves it's IP address/dydns address must update.

My cellphone runs a dydns checker and my router does too (OpenWRT) - seems like the code and methodologies for this are already well defined in the linux world.

This would simplify life tremendously for those times when either a) the IP changes on a users line (think home users) or b) when the phone is packed up and moved to a new environment. For OpenVPN connections it is irrelevant, but it is relevant for those other accounts.

Andrew

RE: T46G - built in dynamic DNS function - James_Yealink - 09-10-2014 04:32 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestion, yes DDNS will bring much convenience to usage of OpenVPN.
But integrating this function may not be easy and quick, we will collect more user's similar request and consider how to add it in future.

Currently, it's possible to create a trusted list based on MAC address?
Regards,
James