Yealink Forums
Handset issue - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Handset issue (/showthread.php?tid=23243)

Handset issue - Robbh - 09-09-2016 09:24 AM

I'm currently using a T-46G, and it's been a great phone with the exception for the handset. Since it only has one hole for the microphone on the handset, the audio is muffled if you don't have it directly in front of your mouth. I've attached a Polycom handset to this phone because, frankly, I don't have the same problems as with the Yealink handset, and it works well.

We're a VoIP provider and this issue is preventing us from offering this and other Yealink phones to our customers. We opened a support ticket directly with Yealink (ticket #26420) and they asked for a picture of the Polycom handset for reference, then never got back to us. They also recommended that we increase the microphone gain on the handset, which didn't resolve the issue. It doesn't sound like a firmware or configuration issue; more like a design flaw in the handset.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate hearing suggestions/feedback.

Firmware 28.80.0.130

RE: Handset issue - Karl_Yealink - 09-19-2016 04:09 PM

This is an important case, I will let our RD to know this and compare with Polycom.
Hope we will improve our product in future.

Thank you.

RE: Handset issue - Riccardo - 02-24-2017 12:05 PM

Dear Sir, we have exactly the same problem with our handset.
Our model is T21P E2.
We recently purchased more than 20 pieces and in anyone we have had to replace the handset with the old handset of Siemens telephones which are 10 years old.
I would like to report also that the handset of Yealink is very heavy than the old one and in case you speak on telephone for the most part of the day, believe me, a light weight handset make the difference.
Please can you tell me what Yealink company decided to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

(09-19-2016 04:09 PM)Karl Wrote:  This is an important case, I will let our RD to know this and compare with Polycom.

Thank you.

RE: Handset issue - Patrick Hogan - 03-16-2017 07:23 PM

(09-19-2016 04:09 PM)Karl Wrote:  This is an important case, I will let our RD to know this and compare with Polycom.

Thank you.

Thank you too, Karl.