Yealink Forums
Network Broadcast Flooding - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Network Broadcast Flooding (/showthread.php?tid=2305)

Network Broadcast Flooding - vondie - 08-25-2014 10:38 PM

Hello,
We have 50 or so T32 phones together with the 3cx software PBX. We are experiencing a problem with significant network traffic from the T3xP phones when the 3cx becomes unavailable. So much so, after recovering from an office wide power loss, it is very difficult for the domain controller to communicate on the network with the other servers as they are coming up. We do not have managed switches, so there is nothing I can do there, but is there anyway to reduce the network broadcast from these phones as they try to reestablish with the 3cx server?

Thanks,
Tim

RE: Network Broadcast Flooding - Lucas1 - 09-03-2014 01:49 PM

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your continuously support for Yealink products.
I read your description, there is a parameter to prevent registration storm,we have this solution but with risk

you can set it via WEB GUI
Network-> Advanced-> Registration Random-> Registration Random(0~60s)

or set it via autop
#!version:1.0.0.1
sip.reg_surge_prevention =

It configures the maximum duration (inseconds) for account register after startup.
The default value is 0. It takes effect after a reboot.

But the risk is when PBX recover, the phone don't register right now and even need to wait long time.

RE: Network Broadcast Flooding - vondie - 09-03-2014 10:49 PM

(09-03-2014 01:49 PM)Yealink_Lucas Wrote:  Hi Tim,
Thanks for your continuously support for Yealink products.
I read your description, there is a parameter to prevent registration storm,we have this solution but with risk

you can set it via WEB GUI
Network-> Advanced-> Registration Random-> Registration Random(0~60s)

or set it via autop
#!version:1.0.0.1
sip.reg_surge_prevention =

It configures the maximum duration (inseconds) for account register after startup.
The default value is 0. It takes effect after a reboot.

But the risk is when PBX recover, the phone don't register right now and even need to wait long time.

Thanks for the reply and detailed instructions Lucas. This will help very much. I certainly understand the consequences that the registration will be delayed. That will not be a problem for us.

Tim