Yealink Forums
OpenVPN dead spots - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: OpenVPN dead spots (/showthread.php?tid=22133)

OpenVPN dead spots - cdzepik - 09-01-2016 08:23 AM

We are new to the OPENVPN on the Yealink T46G phone. We seem to have gotten it pretty solid with the exception of 5 second dead spots during the calls. There is no pattern that we can tell, and the VPN connection as well as the call continue on like nothing happened. During the dead spot no one can hear any voice traffic. Has anyone experienced this? We've added a buffer to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Colby

RE: OpenVPN dead spots - Karl_Yealink - 09-08-2016 05:55 AM

1. Each call, the problem will occur?
2. During the dead spots, the phone can't hear the other side, and the other side also can't hear?
3. When will the phone face the dead spots?
4. The phone version? How many phones?
5. If you don't use the VPN, will the phone work well?
6. Please help us to capture the trace files. Please refer to FAQ: http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=311
We can check something from them.
You can send the files to me via email(karl@yealink.com) and copy this post, I will check and give you respond.

RE: OpenVPN dead spots - cdzepik - 09-09-2016 12:57 AM

1. Each call, the problem will occur?
So far I think the answer is yes. This happens at a minimum of 1 time per call.
2. During the dead spots, the phone can't hear the other side, and the other side also can't hear?
Neither side can hear each other but as mentioned the call will continue on as if there was no interruption.
3. When will the phone face the dead spots?
No pattern that we can tell.
4. The phone version? How many phones?
firmware ver: 28.80.0.70
at this time we have limited users, 10 maybe and everyone experiences the same issue.
5. If you don't use the VPN, will the phone work well?
Yes, if we do not use the VPN option the phone functions just fine, however we would like to enable the VPN on all remote phones.

RE: OpenVPN dead spots - Karl_Yealink - 09-09-2016 04:59 AM

Please send the email to me and copy this post, so I can know the trace files about what problem.