Yealink Forums
EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2

EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - BrettB - 02-02-2013 07:53 AM

I finally got an EHS36 with the special "Y" cable needed for the Sennheiser DW Office wireless headset. I've connected the cables as shown in the EHS36 manual. However, it doesn't seem to be working right. I can't hear anything through the Sennheiser headset, but the person on the other end can hear from the mic on the headset. Also, I haven't been able to get the headset button to answer or hangup the SIP-T28P.

I've upgraded the Sennheiser firmware to the latest (v. 111). And I've got version 2.61.0.80 on the T28. Do I have to set anything special in the config for the T28, or does it just detect the EHS36 connection automatically?

And can you confirm what the proper settings for the Sennheiser are when connected to the EHS36? I tried the setting for DHSG (switch 1 down, and 2 up) and the setting for MSH (switch 1 up and switch 2 down).

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Yealink Support - 06-10-2013 01:50 PM

Hi Brett,
Sorry for our late reply.
1. Could you try to upgrade T28 to our latest firmware 2.70.0.140?
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/firmware/T2X/2.70.0.140.zip
2. Try to upgrade your EHS36:
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/HowtoUpgradeEHS36FirmwareviaT28V11-19363670088.pdf
Thanks.

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - DJ_HiP - 06-14-2013 10:12 AM

For anyone else who comes across this via Google and is wondering (as there has been no reply).

For the Sennheiser DW to work on the Yealink Phones simply ensure the following is met:

- DW Firmware is version 96 or greater (Current was version 112 at the time of writing this).
- EHS36 has had the firmware update performed.

Once these are both correct with the supplied 'Y-Split' cable on the EHS36, plug it all into the Yealink phone and the DW headset will work correctly, no further configuration required.

Hope this helps someone, as it would have helped me Smile

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - robg - 07-17-2013 09:27 PM

I have plugged in a Sennheiser DW straight into the phone without the EHS36 and they seem to work... What exactly does the EHS do?

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - DJ_HiP - 12-04-2013 09:00 AM

(07-17-2013 09:27 PM)robg Wrote:  I have plugged in a Sennheiser DW straight into the phone without the EHS36 and they seem to work... What exactly does the EHS do?

The 'EHS' (Or Electronic Hook Switch) is there to allow you to pick the call up using the buttons on the side of the headset and to signal the headsets basestation to pick up or hang up its line.

It's a digital version of the old Mechanical Hook Lifter which many headsets utilized to get around the issue of the old phones requiring the handset to be lifted before the call would be answered.

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Ykstrip - 03-01-2014 12:02 PM

I have the yealink 26p latest firmware. I want to try to update the EHS36 I have but the instructions above are outdated as those tabs have changed. No update tab.

Also I have a dw office (anyone know where to get the firmware update) or where to check for the current version on my headset?

The headset works fine just can pick up or end calls

(12-04-2013 09:00 AM)DJ_HiP Wrote:  
(07-17-2013 09:27 PM)robg Wrote:  I have plugged in a Sennheiser DW straight into the phone without the EHS36 and they seem to work... What exactly does the EHS do?

The 'EHS' (Or Electronic Hook Switch) is there to allow you to pick the call up using the buttons on the side of the headset and to signal the headsets basestation to pick up or hang up its line.

It's a digital version of the old Mechanical Hook Lifter which many headsets utilized to get around the issue of the old phones requiring the handset to be lifted before the call would be answered.

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Yealink Support - 03-03-2014 02:45 PM

Hi Ykstrip,

Please upgarde EHS36 followed by below guide.
How to Upgrade EHS36 Firmware

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Ykstrip - 03-04-2014 01:18 AM

Now this is done. The Yealink t26p doesn't work at all wih the dw office.

So what I have done is taken a yealink t28p and dw office. EHS36 is upgraded!

the Dw office is up to date. The switch on the dw office is set to DHSG.

When we pick up the line via the dw office it turns the line 1 light on twice and you can hear the line open close open then hang up.

firmware 2.72.0.25

(03-03-2014 02:45 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Ykstrip,

Please upgarde EHS36 followed by below guide.
How to Upgrade EHS36 Firmware

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Yealink Support - 03-04-2014 10:47 AM

Hi Ykstrip,

Do you just press DW office once when you pick up the call?
Do you test DW office to other switch?

RE: EHS36 with Sennheiser DW Office - Ykstrip - 03-04-2014 07:27 PM

Have not tested with another switch. We just bought the EHS36 as you guys suggested works with the DW Office.

Yes I press the DW Office once and it picks up the line twice and hangs up.

This only occurs with the t28p
With the t26p as I said doesn't work at all to pick up a line.

(03-04-2014 10:47 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Ykstrip,

Do you just press DW office once when you pick up the call?
Do you test DW office to other switch?