Yealink Forums
Problem creating ring tones for T46G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Problem creating ring tones for T46G (/showthread.php?tid=2142)

Problem creating ring tones for T46G - Michael2507 - 07-26-2014 01:57 AM

Hello,

I tried to create custom ring tones for T46G phones but so far have been unsuccessful.
I followed the instructions in this manual ( http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/2014102/Yealink_SIP-T2_Series_T19P_T4_Series_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72_1.pdf ) exactly but it just does not work.
I saved the ring tones as WAV, Mono, 8000kHz, 16BIT, u-LAW but they are just not being played back by the phone. I have tried creating the tones with either Audacity and Adobe Audition (the successor to CoolEdit, which is no longer available) but to no avail.
I also checked the original tones that come with the phone but when I import them into an audio editor they show up as WAV, 8000kHz, 32 Bit float, which is even more strange.

Anybody have an idea on how to get this working?

Thanks,
Michael

RE: Problem creating ring tones for T46G - Yealink Support - 07-31-2014 09:20 AM

Hi Michael2507,

How big is your ring tone file?
You'd better control it within 100kb.
could you provide more detailed info about it?
1. Did you upload your ring tone to the phone via web UI successfully? Or someting prompt.
2. If you can upload it successfully into the phone, but the phone can't play it?
3. If above the describes are not your issue, please describe your issue detailed.

If it still fail, could you please upload your ring tone file to this thread? and I will test it in my side.
Then I can give you a best response.

thanks in advance.

RE: Problem creating ring tones for T46G - Funghi - 07-04-2016 05:17 PM

I have the same problem on my T48G .... (WAV, Mono, 8000kHz, 16BIT, u-LAW but they are just not being played back by the phone.) instead it plays the default tone.
The upload via Web-GUI works fine and I can assign the ulpoaded ring tone to any contact. But the default sound is alwys played instead. Also when selecting/assigning a new tone from the phone screen I can select the new tone but what I hear is again the default tone. File size is 18KB

RE: Problem creating ring tones for T46G - complex1 - 07-04-2016 07:36 PM

Hi,

Please make sure that in “Account > Advanced > Account x” the setting “Distinctive Ring Tones” is set to “Enabled” and try again.
This can also be managed by provisioning “account.x.distinctive_ring_tones = 1”

RE: Problem creating ring tones for T46G - Funghi - 07-04-2016 08:50 PM

Hi Frank, "Distinctive Ring Tones" was already set to enabled per default.
What else?

Hi all, I have found the mistake I made .... When converting an audio file via "http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav" there is a difference between the formats "PCM mu-law" and "PCM A-law" I have tried with A-law since in the "Yealinkt_SIP_T2_Seriues_T19(P) E2_T...." on page 61/62 it is written to save as A/mu-law wave. Now using A-law the sound will not play on my T48G. It works only using PCM format mu-law. Now it works perfectly.
Many thx anyway for the support.