Yealink Forums
t40 and t21 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: t40 and t21 (/showthread.php?tid=20526)

t40 and t21 - centraltelecoms - 08-16-2016 11:14 AM

I am trying to block all outgoing calls on my yealink t40 and t21, and only allow the phone to call 2 pre-set numbers.

How is this possible?

RE: t40 and t21 - Chris708 - 08-16-2016 10:12 PM

(08-16-2016 11:14 AM)centraltelecoms Wrote:  I am trying to block all outgoing calls on my yealink t40 and t21, and only allow the phone to call 2 pre-set numbers.

How is this possible?

I don't have those phones but I do have a Yealink T29G. There are Dial Plan settings on the T29G---I have never used them but it looks like you can find what you need there. Looks like the T21 has the same type of menu and I didn't see a manual for the T40.

From the phone's web interface, there is a Settings Tab, click on it then look for the Menu/Tab on the left side that says Dial Plan. From there there are tabs to create rules or block specific phone numbers with filters. Specifically, the Block Out tab may have what you want but you'll probably need one of the other options as well.

Good luck

RE: t40 and t21 - centraltelecoms - 08-17-2016 07:41 AM

Chris
The trouble with the dial plan options is that once you've blocked calls, there's no over-ride option to allow the phone to make block all but pre-defined calls.
The work-around I've used so far, is to use the replace rule. Essentially i've set it so if you dial 1 - it calls one preset number. Dial 2 - it calls the other preset number.
Then if you call any other number type it changes it to call 12345 0, which just means the phone can't call out other than the two speed-dials.
Seems to be working, not ideal but doing the job.