Yealink Forums
Random DTMF Tones - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Random DTMF Tones (/showthread.php?tid=193)

Pages: 1 2

Random DTMF Tones - rloalbo - 01-24-2013 04:16 AM

We have Yealink T28's, T26's and T20's running on either asterisk 1.6 or 1.8.

Over the course of the past year customers have begun to complain that they are hearing random DTMF tones during a conversation while using the Yealink products.

To date we have made numerous configuration changes and upgraded firmware but still have been unable to solve this issue.

Please provide any insight as to what may be causing this issue

RE: Random DTMF Tones - Yealink Support - 02-01-2013 08:31 PM

(01-24-2013 04:16 AM)rloalbo Wrote:  We have Yealink T28's, T26's and T20's running on either asterisk 1.6 or 1.8.

Over the course of the past year customers have begun to complain that they are hearing random DTMF tones during a conversation while using the Yealink products.

To date we have made numerous configuration changes and upgraded firmware but still have been unable to solve this issue.

Please provide any insight as to what may be causing this issue

Hi,
Do you mean the scenario is that:
A is talking with B, both the two party sometimes hear the DTMF tone, but none of them has press any DTMF button?
Does the people beside the phone has press the DTMF button?
Please catch the pacp trace to me then I can check.

Best Regards!
Yealink Suport Team

RE: Random DTMF Tones - antigenius - 03-18-2013 02:44 PM

Can you tell me how to capture PACP trace?

We are having the same problem.

We were using Yealink’s phones for a period of time and everything works . But it just happened on one of our customer’s T-28 is constantly having DTMF talk-off problem.

It is being told that the problem is like somebody is pressing the dial pad really loudly during the call on the other end but nobody were pressing no button at all and it happen on all of this customer’s T-28.

We've been using T-28 for a period of time with our Exlastix version 2.3 and AT&T analog truck. I've been searching on web for a few days but still can’t find any solid solution.

Can you tell me does any other your customer is having the same problem too? Does it come out with any solution yet?

BTW, link below is the trick I’ve been trying to use but customer complain it affect their DTMF recognition as well therefore it’s not a solid fix.
http://www.888voip.com/forum/yealink/1112-yealink-dtmf-tones-while-on-a-call-2.html

Thank you so much for reply

RE: Random DTMF Tones - antigenius - 03-21-2013 12:00 AM

Test confirmed DTMF talk-off happened when we combine both Yealink phone and analog trunk together (with Sangoma card as interface).
Polycom doesn't seem to have the same problem under same situation.
then I successively make DTMF talk-off goes away by changing Yealink phone's DTMFmode=inband.
But then customer can't login their voice mail because asterisk will always reply "incorrect password" even the password is correct.

After one hour of searching i found this

"In some VoIP routes a switch may be configured to detect in-band DTMF which is sent by the VoIP ATA, but then switches to an out of band RFC2833 DTMF required for an upstream provider. This upstream carrier then terminates the call to the PSTN, possibly to a voice mail system, which will require regeneration of the audible inband DTMF tones. The switch has to detect and remove the tone sent by the ATA from the audio stream because the upstream provider specified RFC2833 DTMF. At times the switch can't always completely remove the in-band DTMF tone which is a problem, because by the time it has detected the DTMF tone, it has already passed a short amount of it. This small amount of in-band tone along with the RFC2833 tone sent are both received by the far end voice mail system which will then register an error (problem), possibly an invalid mailbox or invalid password."

It perfectly states my problem but there's no fix. Does anyone have any idea?

RE: Random DTMF Tones - infonetics - 04-17-2013 02:46 AM

I'm experiencing this same problem - when connected to a PSTN gateway, both ends hear the random DTMF Talk off. When connected to a SIP trunk (Vitelity), no issues. I've tried using SIP, SIP+INFO, INBAND, and RS-whatever in the phone, with no change.

RE: Random DTMF Tones - Yealink Support - 04-17-2013 03:22 PM

(03-18-2013 02:44 PM)antigenius Wrote:  Can you tell me how to capture PACP trace?

We are having the same problem.

We were using Yealink’s phones for a period of time and everything works . But it just happened on one of our customer’s T-28 is constantly having DTMF talk-off problem.

It is being told that the problem is like somebody is pressing the dial pad really loudly during the call on the other end but nobody were pressing no button at all and it happen on all of this customer’s T-28.

We've been using T-28 for a period of time with our Exlastix version 2.3 and AT&T analog truck. I've been searching on web for a few days but still can’t find any solid solution.

Can you tell me does any other your customer is having the same problem too? Does it come out with any solution yet?

BTW, link below is the trick I’ve been trying to use but customer complain it affect their DTMF recognition as well therefore it’s not a solid fix.
http://www.888voip.com/forum/yealink/1112-yealink-dtmf-tones-while-on-a-call-2.html

Thank you so much for reply
Hi Yen,
Sorry to hear that.
1. Please upgrade to our latest firmware 2.70.0.140 from our website and try again.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/firmware/T2X/2.70.0.140.zip
2. This issue happened between two T28 phones? Or when T28 call to other brand phone? They use Elastix PBX?
And do you have such issue at your side?
3. If the problem is still, could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
And i also reply this in the Support Ticket, please check your email.

RE: Random DTMF Tones - Yealink Support - 04-17-2013 03:28 PM

(04-17-2013 02:46 AM)infonetics Wrote:  I'm experiencing this same problem - when connected to a PSTN gateway, both ends hear the random DTMF Talk off. When connected to a SIP trunk (Vitelity), no issues. I've tried using SIP, SIP+INFO, INBAND, and RS-whatever in the phone, with no change.
1. Could you upgrade to our latest firmware 2.70.0.140 from our website and try again.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/firmware/T....0.140.zip
2. If the problem is still, could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.

RE: Random DTMF Tones - infonetics - 04-17-2013 09:34 PM

I should clarify I'm using T26's - will firmware 6.70.0.140 work?

(04-17-2013 03:28 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  
(04-17-2013 02:46 AM)infonetics Wrote:  I'm experiencing this same problem - when connected to a PSTN gateway, both ends hear the random DTMF Talk off. When connected to a SIP trunk (Vitelity), no issues. I've tried using SIP, SIP+INFO, INBAND, and RS-whatever in the phone, with no change.
1. Could you upgrade to our latest firmware 2.70.0.140 from our website and try again.
2. If the problem is still, could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?

RE: Random DTMF Tones - Yealink Support - 04-18-2013 03:55 PM

(04-17-2013 09:34 PM)infonetics Wrote:  I should clarify I'm using T26's - will firmware 6.70.0.140 work?

If you use T26, you can upgrade to 6.70.0.140

RE: Random DTMF Tones - infonetics - 05-08-2013 04:38 AM

I've updated to the 6.70.0.140, and the client is still reporting the problem. I've attempted to download the trace info, but while I was on-site I was unable to recreate the problem. I'll continue to monitor it, thanks for the help so far.

(04-18-2013 03:55 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  
(04-17-2013 09:34 PM)infonetics Wrote:  I should clarify I'm using T26's - will firmware 6.70.0.140 work?

If you use T26, you can upgrade to 6.70.0.140