Yealink Forums
Block Out Dial Plans - block all calls except specific number - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Block Out Dial Plans - block all calls except specific number (/showthread.php?tid=1896)

Block Out Dial Plans - block all calls except specific number - steveedwards - 06-12-2014 08:49 PM

Hi,
I currently have 2 SIP accounts setup and need to configure dial plans (block out) so that each line is restricted in what it can / can't dial. I have configured line 1 as incoming only and lines 1 & 2 as outgoing but i need further configuration to prevent people from calling numbers it shouldn't.

Line 1 is my main number but i don't want any calls to be made except for voice mail.

Line 2 is setup for forwarding local calls to international numbers (using localphone.com), so i don't want people dialling anything but those 4 numbers which all have a common number within them (i.e. 281).

I've looked at using a block out dial plan but have got stuck how to do this.

So my 1st question is: How would i configure line 1 so that ALL calls are blocked EXCEPT the voice mail number which is 50000?

Question 2 is: How would i configure line 2 to only allow calls that have the numbers 281 with everything else blocked?

Alternatively, if not using block out dial plans, is there a way to add a contact into the phone's address book & set it to a specific line?

Hoping this makes sense and someone can help!

Thanks Smile

RE: Block Out Dial Plans - block all calls except specific number - Yealink Support - 06-13-2014 09:55 AM

Hi steveedwards,

You can configure the plan in your PBX side, our dial plan only block the outgoing calls.

If you just want to configure the outgoing dial plan.
You can use replace rule to fulfill your request.

Prefix as .
Replace 5000 or 281
Account 1 or 2

RE: Block Out Dial Plans - block all calls except specific number - steveedwards - 06-13-2014 08:30 PM

Hi and thanks for the reply.

So the replace will do exactly that, anything that someone dials will automatically dial 50000 instead. I guess that's one way to do it but not ideal, i'd rather have the call blocked rather than all calls dialling 50000.

The dial plan i was hoping for (regarding 281) was to prevent calls that dont have 281 "within" the phone number from dialling out. For example, i have the numbers 01202 281xx4 & 01202 281xx1 that must be able to dial out BUT anything else must not. So if someone dials 01202123456 or 07398xx8483 it must not dial.

I currently have this level of filtering working fine using a softphone (cSimpSimple) and was hoping that this can be achieved using a far more advanced phone.

Thanks again.

Steve

(06-13-2014 09:55 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi steveedwards,

You can configure the plan in your PBX side, our dial plan only block the outgoing calls.

If you just want to configure the outgoing dial plan.
You can use replace rule to fulfill your request.

Prefix as .
Replace 5000 or 281
Account 1 or 2